Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original BBS Wheel for my 2005 ACR and was wonder what the best product and method to clean them(haven't be clean since I bought it 3 months ago). If you have any suggestions please leave them below.

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
Same wax/cleaner you would use on the rest of the car for most applications. If you have excessive grease, oil, road tar, etc, use a light coat of WD 40, and gently scrub with a soft clean wash cloth, followed up by the same wax/cleaner you'd use on the rest of the car.

There are a lot of people who have exotics who put a think layer of WD 40 on the bottom side of their rocker panels and inside of their wheel wells before track sessions to help make it easier to clean them up. It doesn't hurt your paint. It also works really well from removing grime/tar/etc from other parts of the car.

Something else I feel is important, especially if you are looking to keep your car a long time. I've owned my car since it was new and I've never used the same rag more than once. Nice quality car wash cloths are not expensive, I'd sooner pay the money to get a dozen and use new ones every time, than to spend a bunch of money on some sort of silly shammy that costs 30 or 40 bucks, because that thing will at least have fine particles of sand and other paint degrading issues, no matter how clean you get it.

I have two buckets, one for wash, one for rinse. I take the rag out of the wash bucket, squeeze the water as needed depending on what I'm cleaing on the car back into the wash bucket, then I rinse it in the rinse bucket, but I squeeze the rag as dry as possible without putting the water back in the rinse bucket (squeeze water out on the ground). Then back into the wash bucket again with the rinsed rag, repeat.

If you want the finish on your car to last a long time, you should limit the number of times you do a full buff wax job to just a couple times a year. Too many people believe they should wax the hxll out of their car every time they wash it, a couple times a month or more, and that's just not good for the paint at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts