Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
^ wont the FM WGA work fine with the stock pcm? no codes, etc.
Absolutly, I was answering the question about an external WG like a Tial.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So, what if I get diablosport, and upload the 93 octane tune, with my agp wg set at 17psi?
You'll more than likely run on the lean side if you haven't done the FPRW. You can add fuel with the DSP but I am unsure if that is a good long time solution.

^ I just did this, haven't tested it though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
so how good are the stock wg as in how much boost will they hold before thet give out becouse I always hear people say go to the agp becouse it will allow more boost?

·
Registered
169 Posts
The agp is great if you like ptb and are willing to learn to drive your car again. From what I have read the the stock wga is end all be all for PCM controlled boost and tuning with a dsp. Hope that helps

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
Yep getting a AEM wideband some time this month, to me the wideband should be the frist mod when owning a srt or any boosted car for that matter.
Egh, it's nice to have but unless you have a means of tuning the car it's just pretty lights and numbers that you can't do anything about.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yep getting a AEM wideband some time this month, to me the wideband should be the frist mod when owning a srt or any boosted car for that matter.
I say step 1. buy SRT4, step 2 install turbo timer.

I'll never understand why turbo cars don't come with timers from the factory.

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Driving stick since I was in Drivers ed in 1992... NEVER parked with car in gear. as 16 yr old, Picked up my toyota celica from auto shop after heater was fixed. started it, let off clutch bam! backed over a 1 foot snow drift down a hill about 5 feet into a ditch. Funny as [email protected] now, but scared the living $hit out of me back then. took a big old tow truck and another few days of repairs to get my car home. No video. crap AOL was only a year old back then... some of us are getting old.

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
like i said frist wideband second DSP:thumbsup:
Unless your car has some pre-existing condition that's going to be a problem the 93tune, unmodified, on 93octane is fine. On 91octane you just need to reduce the boost a little and pull some timing. A wideband isn't needed until you want to increase the boost or further tune the AFR. On a mostly stock car you can still tell if you're leaning out by logging calculated EGT and commanded AFR. It's not exact but it's close enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you use an AGP WGA with a line coming off the rear of the turbo and going directly to the WGA, you aren't on PCM controlled boost. PCM control on a stock PCM car means the stock WGA and all the lines hooked up like the diagram. The only way to adjust boost on PCM control is with a tuning device like a DSP.

Serious question. I have a getrag288. Speed sensor is broke. I have low boost and believe after goimg thru all the lines that pcm aint readong my speed so wont allow me to boost. Can i go from turbo to wastegate? Both stock but upgraded pcm to stage 1

21 - 39 of 39 Posts