Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
PCM controlled boost is the car computer controls how much boost your car will make. it is all the vacuum lines going to the turbo ect. not adjustable unless you get a manual boost controller or a diablo sport programmer. if you need any more info do a search or PM me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PCM controlled boost is the car computer controls how much boost your car will make. it is all the vacuum lines going to the turbo ect. not adjustable unless you get a manual boost controller or a diablo sport programmer. if you need any more info do a search or PM me.
Yes more info! I thought I can just adjust it with the AGP wastegate? I mean, what would happen if I move the flapper? The car will just not allow the extra boost? Is there any vac. lines I can get rid of and NOT mess up the PCM controlled boost? I have a red line unplugged for some reason...

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
Yes more info! I thought I can just adjust it with the AGP wastegate? I mean, what would happen if I move the flapper? The car will just not allow the extra boost? Is there any vac. lines I can get rid of and NOT mess up the PCM controlled boost? I have a red line unplugged for some reason...
If you use an AGP WGA with a line coming off the rear of the turbo and going directly to the WGA, you aren't on PCM controlled boost. PCM control on a stock PCM car means the stock WGA and all the lines hooked up like the diagram. The only way to adjust boost on PCM control is with a tuning device like a DSP.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you use an AGP WGA with a line coming off the rear of the turbo and going directly to the WGA, you aren't on PCM controlled boost. PCM control on a stock PCM car means the stock WGA and all the lines hooked up like the diagram. The only way to adjust boost on PCM control is with a tuning device like a DSP.

Theres like 2 nipples on the turbo...Im lost. So, what do I hook up to make sure its on PCM controlled? Sorry, im just confused, not gonna lie.

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
Theres like 2 nipples on the turbo...Im lost. So, what do I hook up to make sure its on PCM controlled? Sorry, im just confused, not gonna lie.
Are you using the stock WGA or an AGP? Only the stock one will work well on PCM control.

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
yeah what he said. a AGP wg will not work with PCM controlled boost.
It's not that it isn't impossible to get it to work. It's just that the spring selections are all so heavy that even running it at 13-15lbs you only have PCM control from that point on and it can't correct for PTB. The stocker is nice because it'll limit boost down to 5-10psi in 1st gear so you can get a good launch off the line without wheelspin.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's not that it isn't impossible to get it to work. It's just that the spring selections are all so heavy that even running it at 13-15lbs you only have PCM control from that point on and it can't correct for PTB. The stocker is nice because it'll limit boost down to 5-10psi in 1st gear so you can get a good launch off the line without wheelspin.
some people like to go threw tires...lol

Reactions: 05bucket

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
I am ordering a DSP for my Stg 2 car but I have a FM WG with PCM controlled boost. Do I need to ditch the FM for a STG 2 WG?
Nope, the S2 and FM are pretty much identical in specs. The FM works well on a stock or S1 PCM too with a DSP on PCM control.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, the S2 and FM are pretty much identical in specs. The FM works well on a stock or S1 PCM too with a DSP on PCM control.
So, how do I know what ECU I have? Its an 05 if that helps? Also, is there any other benefits keeping it PCM controlled boost? And the computer automatically keeps boost lower in 1st gear? Or do you set it like that with Diablosport?

·
Registered
102 Posts
So if PCM controled boost does not work with an AGP WG will it work with an external Tial 38mm WG? I am just using a manual boost controler now but would like it to be PCM controled. Can I do it with an external WG?

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
So if PCM controled boost does not work with an AGP WG will it work with an external Tial 38mm WG? I am just using a manual boost controler now but would like it to be PCM controled. Can I do it with an external WG?
I'd go N2MB Boost Box for an ext WG. PCM control can be done but it's overly complicated and requires a custom tune.

·
SRTforums Member
521 Posts
^ wont the FM WGA work fine with the stock pcm? no codes, etc.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts