Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about this 'free mod' that people are doing,....what is it, and how can I do it? Also any other cheap mods I can perform?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Right now, I don't think any of us know what it is, besides acr. I think it's still in the experimental stages. It sounds promising, but I'm going to wait to see more solid results before I make up my mind.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i'll keep ya'll posted...as far as this "free mod" is concerned im gonna keep watching the "Mystery SRT4" before i tell everyone the skinny on this mod. I put it on with no ill effects but when i modded it just a bit it caused the CEL because apparently we spiked to 19psi. So i set it back to the original state the mod was in and reset the ECU. When it all came back to life 17psi was realized as opposed to the 9-10psi from stock. Pre CEL we managed 15-16psi. Like i said i'll keep ya'll posted

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Do the free hood mod, I posted a how-to in the mod's section.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
You'll have to let us know what difference it makes. Did you dyno/track test while it was stock?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Even if you dyno it, you probably won't see a difference. Unless you have a HUGE fan in front of the car. It will mostly only help reduce inlet pressure, not so much of a horsepower gain. And unless the mod causes the damage i'm trying to have warrenty repaired, the dealer really can't complain.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
PVO_SRT said:
Hmmm,wonder if DC will use any of this info against you if there is trouble and your car ends up needing some warranty repair....
:idea: I thought the same thing myself long ago. Another thing to worry about is admitting to ILLEGAL street racing. Some cities will permanately impound your vehicle :cry: as well as arrest you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
RUgoinUp
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing