Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home tonight from work I decide to get on it a little bit since I havent latley. Around 3,500 rpm in 3rd i punch it. Car lurches forward to put a smile on my face only then to fucking bury the boost guage and then i feel semi-violent shaking and the exhaust sounds VERY odd. Well it scared the hell outta me so i take it easy for a while but decide to see if it acts up if i give it a little more gas in 5th. Well it went to 5psi but i thought it would have boosted more with the amount of gas I was giving. Anyway Im just hoping the car was pulling mad timing and I didnt fuck anything up. I get home and get out of the car and the car has just a tad bit odd "note" to the exhaust. It's whistling a little bit more than normal(3"02 and BDJ exhaust). I check under the hood. The WGA lines are fine (figured one may have popped off and that's why I got the spike). Pressure pipes are fine. Everything LOOKS to be fine. The only thing i could find a little odd was in my catch can where i found this odd creamy looking fluid ...kinda thick. I took it out and smelled it and it smelled just like oil after a drive. Im reseting the ECU as we speak but am not going to drive until my departure to school in the morning. The car drove normal when just cruising and regular acceleration. I did check the exhaust and everything was fine there also. No leaks or damages to the eye from my visual inspection. What in the hell could this be?...and also what could cause that crazy ass boost spike? I actually turned the WGA down from my previous 20 psi spike. I really hope I didnt damage the turbo because I dont have the money to buy a new one. Anyway If you know or think you know what the problem is please help. I'm stumped right now but it is late and I havent thought about it TOO much because Im extremely tired and the car is drivable.....but if i cant raise hell then I've defeated the purpose of my purchase of the car. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked but not to the fullest extent. I visually check the Hot side and pulled on the cold side. Ill look at it more when I get home from school tomorrow if it's not raining. God DAMN im gonna be pissed if i fucked something up. I just dont know why i spiked so damn high. Even on a cool night with the WGA cranked down I would only spike to 20-21 and even then the car would still go. The car pretty much stopped pulling and shook some and made an odd noise. The boost needle was buried as far as it would allow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
drewsrt said:
I checked but not to the fullest extent. I visually check the Hot side and pulled on the cold side. Ill look at it more when I get home from school tomorrow if it's not raining. God DAMN im gonna be pissed if i fucked something up. I just dont know why i spiked so damn high. Even on a cool night with the WGA cranked down I would only spike to 20-21 and even then the car would still go. The car pretty much stopped pulling and shook some and made an odd noise. The boost needle was buried as far as it would allow.
sounds about like what happend on my 87 grand national... my waste gate got stuck, some how.. and instead of reliving the pressure... it kept boosting.. and blew up my motor...

sounds like since it boosted that much.. that different exhaust note and the shake.. then the bit of oil in the catch can could possably be a blown head gasket.. altho i am training to be a technition at LTI (Linclon techincal institute) my guess is that your waste gate stuck... which can happen if unused for a period of time,.. and with all that boost.. seems like it blew your headgasket... also btw if it starts puffing white smoke, its deffentaly a head gasket... i could be wrong.. but i hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea my friend is tellin me the same thing. i wonder how much that shit will cost to get fixed. I would do it myself but I dont wanna mess with the timing once i take the head off. IM gonna have to drive it around for a while like this though. FUCK man..this sucks ass

·
Registered
81 Posts
drewsrt said:
Yea my friend is tellin me the same thing. i wonder how much that shit will cost to get fixed. I would do it myself but I dont wanna mess with the timing once i take the head off. IM gonna have to drive it around for a while like this though. FUCK man..this sucks ass
your lucky its still driveable.. my mishap destroyed my entire engine....

·
Registered
802 Posts
could be timing belt slipped a tooth or 2, broke or something to that effect. but who knows man. get it check out though.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yes cause if it is a creamy looking substance like you say thats bad. Check your oil if that creamy substance is on your oil pan you might have blown your head gasket. And it would explain the rise in temprature and the violent shakes. Also the temprature would fluctuate depending on the throttle your giving the car.
Take it to the dealer and get it checked asap!!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
oh man your car get really excited with all the boost and busted a nut:wah?!:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drove it to school today and home with nothing out of the ordinary. Checked the catch can when I got home and the TINY bit that did gather was just oil. The temp stayed @ or right under 200 as it usually does but I didnt get on it or anything. The drive to school is around 15 min and I'm sure that gave the car enough time to act up if it was going to. The temp would rise up to 200 and fall when the thermostat kicked in. I wont be able to take it to the dealer until Tomorrow afternoon and there's probably no chance in hell im gonna get it under warranty because I have quite a few mods. Atleast it's drivable right now. The most important thing right now is school and work and more important...a way to and from the 2. I will go check the dipstick here in a few and come back with the results. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Oil looks COMPLETLEY normal. The only time i saw the cum looking stuff was last night after it all happened. Today the oil in the catch can and in the oil pan looked fine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mine did the same thing, turns out about after 2000 miles later I had a bad valve seal, and my number 3 plug was drenched in oil.. Check your plugs dude..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That creamy stuff then could have just been from condensation then. Still if anything funny is still happening I wouldnt hesitate to take it in for a closer look!!

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
wouldnt hurt to get a compression test done. This will make sure your water pump is not leaking. I had some of the same substance in my cavy when I had it. Temps rose and went down as your stating....come to find out the water pump was almost gone.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the temp is acting the exact same as before this happened. It normally rised to around 200 MAYBE a little more then drops a little..then rises again. Tonight the car drove normal it seemed although I didnt get on it any. I did however boost to around 7psi once to see if anything happened earlier today. Everything was normal. Im going to a friends house to do a compression check tomorrow then I'm gonna go straight to the dealer and see how much it's gonna put me out to get a damn HG put in. Again i checked the catch can tonight when i got home and just oil........piece of shit neon :frogtongu .

·
Registered
678 Posts
what's your radiator fluid look like? is it a brown sludge? if it's a brown sludge and you've got creamy oil i'd tear the head off and replace the gasket with a copper shim and make sure theres no damage tot he valve train and piston surface and block

1 - 19 of 19 Posts