Dodge SRT Forum banner

What Have You Done To Your Srt4 Lately?

2M views 24K replies 1K participants last post by  Midnight Rider 
#1 ·
Post up anything you guys have done lately to your car....paint, body, performance anything...lets see it or just hear about it

#22,283 ·
Oh shit man :( Anyway to wet down the roof or anything? I'd be wanting to fight for my house I guess, but I also don't live in a potential fire area either :( Sorry to hear you are going through that.
Yeah we have sprinklers on the roof of both the house and the shop. We also have the advantage of all lots around us being cleared out of trees, so there's already a natural fire-break in-place. The FD will no doubt put in additional structural protection separate from the water mains should the need arise.

The builder literally came by to finish the kitchen last Monday, and the shop should have been done this week. Ugh.

The hardest thing is that we built a lot of accessibility into the home due to wifey's MS / wheelchair, and now we're trapped in a hotel, albeit wheelchair accessible, but still it's not home.

#22,284 ·
Soo i recently replaced the wheel bearings in the green car with some from rock auto.. i got the cheaper units they had black rubber seals.. they came apart with just the cars weight on them, without the engine... the hubs has so much diflection the rotors were rubbing on the brake pads. changed them for NSK'S no more lateral movement.

stay away from those rubber sided bearings.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

#22,289 ·
Man Simon... keep at it, that's aggravating but you'll find it.
Well, I haven't really done much except monitoring.
On account of the heat bubbles (and many folks east of us eventually).
I'm not interested in groveling around the garidge in 120*F heat (100*F outside).
And no, I don't have an A/C in the garidge.

Still, there is some benefit to all of this monitoring.
Not one single P0440 which was the original daily problem.
Since replacing the NVLD, every CEL has ben P0441 and it's taken several days to trigger.
I am pretty sure the new NVLD may well have solved the P0440.
And I'm hopeful that replacing the Purge Valve will cure the P0441.
But I want to conduct one more long smoke test to be sure it's not a hose leak.
When the weather is cooler.

#22,290 ·
Well, I haven't really done much except monitoring.
On account of the heat bubbles (and many folks east of us eventually).
I'm not interested in groveling around the garidge in 120*F heat (100*F outside).
And no, I don't have an A/C in the garidge.

Still, there is some benefit to all of this monitoring.
Not one single P0440 which was the original daily problem.
Since replacing the NVLD, every CEL has ben P0441 and it's taken several days to trigger.
I am pretty sure the new NVLD may well have solved the P0440.
And I'm hopeful that replacing the Purge Valve will cure the P0441.
But I want to conduct one more long smoke test to be sure it's not a hose leak.
When the weather is cooler.
Thats really what a shops going to do. smoke the crap out of it with a strong light. oh and they squirt the joints with a silicone type spray, causes the hose joints to swell.

#22,292 ·
Got the motor and trans pulled out today.
pulled the trans off the motor expecting the TOB to fall apart like it did last time, but it seemed fine…. Oh no…..

pulled the tob and fork out and the input shaft bearing tube came out with it…. Damnit that’s what failed…. The tube came off and allowed the tob to unseat which is what caused my issues….
New oem bearing ordered from modern. Along with a couple other smaller things…

#22,293 ·
Replaced rear brake pads.

Question: Last couple times I've driven, there was brake pad smell from the right front and also the rim was noticeably hot.
Should I bleed the brake line a little? The rails were just re-greased recently and pade thickness is fine.
Maybe it's a broken clip on the inner pad that pops in...
Other things to check?

#22,294 ·
Replaced rear brake pads.

Question: Last couple times I've driven, there was brake pad smell from the right front and also the rim was noticeably hot.
Should I bleed the brake line a little? The rails were just re-greased recently and pade thickness is fine.
Maybe it's a broken clip on the inner pad that pops in...
Other things to check?
does the piston move freely? sounds like a dragging caliper

#22,296 ·
I'll need to take it apart to see. I had it apart recently to clean and grease the clips. Maybe the pads are not held it tightly enough?
Sometimes moisture can get in behind the bellows seal and corrode the bore causing the piston to drag or cock when released. if the pads travel smoothly, then the only thing i could be is caliper related.

#22,299 ·
Sometimes moisture can get in behind the bellows seal and corrode the bore causing the piston to drag or cock when released. if the pads travel smoothly, then the only thing i could be is caliper related.

Put new pads on and took a drive, and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Also been thinking of selling the car but it's so damn fun to drive! 😄

#22,300 ·
Why do you use 5w30?

Engine - it's what it calls for and I've never had issues with it.

Transmission - Ed Peters specifically stated it by name and FWD and the people that rebuild the transmissions want it used in there, "high mileage" part deals with a particular additive that is really good.

Also, with respect to oil and transmission fluid, there are dozens of threads where people go off about it, I've read them all, hoping that this doesn't degenerate into one of them.