Dodge SRT Forum banner
22841 - 22860 of 22893 Posts

· Registered
13,968 Posts
eh. it's self identifying as british. you're fine. :D

mine has a tiny leak from the driver's axle seal. would leave a dime size when parked after a long drive. I don't feel like ripping the axle out of it AGAIN to change the seal. I'll just wait until I have other reasons to pull the axle(s).

· Registered
5,206 Posts
Thanks to @snobrdrdan2 my red press car has an OEM shift knob back on it. At some point in it's previous life it got a dull-grey one (probably a PT part).

The knob that was on it took a lot of convincing with pliers and a rubber mallet to come off.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive lighting Hood

It's now an OE set of floormats away from being complete.

· Registered
13,968 Posts
Thanks to @snobrdrdan2 my red press car has an OEM shift knob back on it. At some point in it's previous life it got a dull-grey one (probably a PT part).

The knob that was on it took a lot of convincing with pliers and a rubber mallet to come off.

View attachment 150295

It's now an OE set of floormats away from being complete.
should have hard launched in 1st and power shifted to 2nd. that always got my balls off.

· Registered
15,068 Posts
I remember the day I did that at an autocross event. Twice. The first time I managed to drop the shift ball into the center cupholder. The second time I dropped it into the driver's side footwell. That was a very distracting 50 seconds.

· Registered
13,968 Posts
short shifter fixes your loose balls problem, btw.

· Registered
13,968 Posts
As does proper shift technique.
you totally missed the goal here. you should have said...
getting a proper grip on your ball will prevent it from ejecting from its rod. :D

· Registered
5,991 Posts
Made an appointment for the latest EVAP code.
This time a P0440 after 350 miles of trouble free driving.

Equally anoying, almost a year later and the aux battery in the Prius just died.
So I'm re-charging it now hoping it will hold a charge.
This is the second occurrence (this time last year, same thing, possibly related to cold weather?).
It's 11 years old,, so probably way past due time for new aux battery.
I'd hate to get stuck somewhere with a dead aux battery.

Local Toyota Parts Department quoted a replacement cost of $195.99 + $18.0 core = $236.85.
Local Toyota Service Department quoted $390+ to replace the battery with a new one they have in stock.
Will do the install myself if the old battery holds a charge.
It's a 7-1/2 minute job.
Thanks.

· Registered
816 Posts
Car is at Kelly Moss for trans swap. New ACT HDSS clutch kit w/ flywheel, AGP forged fork, and Boomba pivot ball going in as part of the job. Keeping all the old stuff (already had an ACT kit in there) and may list some of it for sale. I'd never buy a used clutch or flywheel, but I've seen people do it before so we'll see.

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
306 Posts
Car is at Kelly Moss for trans swap. New ACT HDSS clutch kit w/ flywheel, AGP forged fork, and Boomba pivot ball going in as part of the job. Keeping all the old stuff (already had an ACT kit in there) and may list some of it for sale. I'd never buy a used clutch or flywheel, but I've seen people do it before so we'll see.
Damn....how much is that install/labor setting you back?

Did you ever get that "NOS" trans sorted out btw?
Are they installing it?

22841 - 22860 of 22893 Posts