Dodge SRT Forum banner
22821 - 22840 of 22893 Posts

· Registered
5,206 Posts
I am paying a stupid amount of money to heat both my garage and my shop over winter because the plan was to "work on some stuff" on the cars over the season.

So far I've just stood there and stared at them... sat down and stared at them. Tidied up the shop. Stared some more.

· Registered
816 Posts
I am paying a stupid amount of money to heat both my garage and my shop over winter because the plan was to "work on some stuff" on the cars over the season.

So far I've just stood there and stared at them... sat down and stared at them. Tidied up the shop. Stared some more.
Similar experience here. A tad more work and a little less tidying. Still... I should really get to work.

· Registered
2004 SRT-4
306 Posts
I'm not a fan of those cheap car covers.
They have been known to leave micro-scratches in the finish.
Glad I don't have to deal with the snow belt!
I mean, it should be okay for just indoor use though....right? And better than it just collecting dust/not covered?
(it's not like it's blowing/moving around and what not)

Or do you have a better option/recommendation?
Just curious

· Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
322 Posts
The paint was peeling off the battery tray and bracket/trans mount holder (and they were rusty), so I had them blasted and powder coated….since they’ll be more visible whenever I get the Mopar intake installed

View attachment 150082 View attachment 150081
I did the same several years back. It made a big difference when the Mopar CAI was installed.

· Registered
13,968 Posts
go pick up a chemical called SALT-A-WAY, along with the dispenser/mixer. Hose down the underside and every nook and cranny thoroughly. Then do it again in a couple days.

· Registered
9,008 Posts
I've been having a random misfire code pop up (P0300, like twice a month) for a long time. It never landed on a cylinder and it only happened during 5th gear cruising below 2000 rpms and the rest of the cars driving and performance has been great. I have replaced or checked almost everything during normal maintenance and as I had time and patience. I figured it was just a gremlin in the system.

I developed a bog at WOT just before the holidays after my fuel pump swap (upgrade) and fuel injector cleaning (maintenance) and new plugs. I was kind of spooked, but I checked fuel pressure at WOT and that was definitely not it. My fuel system is solid. It better be, everything is almost brand new or recently checked. I had a spare set of coil/wires and swapped it in...No bog and after driving the car for several weeks, no more P0300. I never thought the coil would be the cause since it was a new MOPAR coil pack from Dec 2020 with less than 15k miles on it. Also when coil packs go, they usually go in a pretty obvious fashion. I guess this one was never good in the first place.

· Registered
9,008 Posts
Yeah, and I could almost guarantee it to happen if I drove for a few minutes at around 40mph in 5th. I never felt a miss or any bad sounds either.

· Registered
13,968 Posts
@enginjoe you changed 2 things: coil and wires. how old were the wires? using a good meter did you measure their resistance? that might or might not tell you much, as you could have a multitude of problems with them. you're right it's pretty doubtful the coil would be funky like that.

· Registered
9,008 Posts
I swapped the wires back. They measured the same (Fluke 87) across the board and also about the same but slightly less than the old ones. So, yeah it wasn't the wires. Maybe Starkie has a point...it was the injector cleaning and new pump that fixed the random misfire and the coil failure was just random.

22821 - 22840 of 22893 Posts