Dodge SRT Forum banner
22801 - 22811 of 22811 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge SRT4
2,710 Posts
If you really want sticky try some r888r in 245/40/17. Just put some on my car and had rocks flying through the window and hitting me while driving around the neighborhood lol.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Yeah I learned it all the hard way back when these cars were new. I found out I could squeeze 225s(not recommended) on the stock rims, so I did that for a while, then I got some 7" wide enkeis and kept running drag radial 225s until I went big turbo and turned up the boost, then I did the rota slips with 235/60r15 MT or m&h DRs until I sold that car. When got this car I decided to not mess around and got the rpf1s with 245 sport comp 2s. I've run those since 2015. Now I wish I had tried the Michelins sooner.

·
Registered
15,040 Posts
Going to get a set of Falken RT660s spooned on to my rims this afternoon. 245/40/17. I'm hoping they last longer than the Kuhmo V730s I have now.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I have Pilot Sport AS3+ on the SRT8, and AS4s on the SRT-4.

The 3's run noticeably louder. Grip near the limits is about the same in warm, clear weather, but the AS4s are much more responsive in poorer conditions like heavy rain, cooler temps. 4's weren't available yet in the SRT8s size when I got them, only reason why I went AS3+.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Yeah I learned it all the hard way back when these cars were new. I found out I could squeeze 225s(not recommended) on the stock rims, so I did that for a while, then I got some 7" wide enkeis and kept running drag radial 225s until I went big turbo and turned up the boost, then I did the rota slips with 235/60r15 MT or m&h DRs until I sold that car. When got this car I decided to not mess around and got the rpf1s with 245 sport comp 2s. I've run those since 2015. Now I wish I had tried the Michelins sooner.
Pretty sure my drama back in '04 is still buried on the forums somewhere. Tire Rack sent me a set of 215s they swore up and down would fit the OEM rims. Got them, shop fought to get them on... and every corner the sidewall was doing something different. Tucked under on driver rear. Bulging out on passenger front. They ended up getting me to peel them off and send them back as their screwup IIRC, and sent me 205s.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
I remember tons of people saying 215/50s work on the stock rims. I figured the juice wasn't worth the squeeze with 215s. 225s were working until the tire shop said no, then I got the wider rims to make it work. Plus those rims were cool looking. I should have just kept that car...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Well, it looks like the P0441 and P0440 problems on my SRT-4 are finally solved.
She's got 110 miles on her since the last repair job with nary a CEL!
I hope she doesn't throw a CEL now that I've come out in public and declared victory!!!

To recap:
P0440 - Smoke test and Solved by replacing NVLD.
P0441 - Smoke test and thought it was solved when Purge Valve and Gas Cap replaced.
P0441 - Smoke test and thought it was solved by plugging in the Purge Valve connection which became unplugged.
P0441 - Smoke test, wiggled everything, tested soenoids on Purge Valve and NVLD, found solenoid on new NVLD was sticking opene. Replaced NVLD again.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Was not expecting the replacement NVLD from the Dodge Dealer to be bad also.
But it was, evidently.

Happy camper now.

Will not be touching it for a good long time!
Well, maybe I'll throw and oil and filter change at it.
And get it warshed.

·
Registered
15,040 Posts
That reminds me I need to change the oil and filter on my car.

New Falkens worked pretty good first time out. I'll have to keep an eye on them. Saw a thread on the SCCA Facebook page about the RT660s delaminating quite often. O.0

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Finally got some time to swap out the fuel pump/canister. I hacked together a 450 pump in a stock canister when I put this car together in 2015 or so. It worked fine in a straight line until the light came on, but it started hiccupping at WOT under 1/4 tank. I had to beat a Mazdaspeed 3 on 3/4 throttle for heaven sakes. That did it for me. There is some kid on facebook putting together a stock type canister setup with 450s and 525s (johnny boost ledford). I bought a 525 with -6 feed and return to match my lines. It's a pretty nice setup; a little pricey, but I wanted a stock type canister to be able to run below a quarter tank. We'll see how long it lasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
236 Posts
The paint was peeling off the battery tray and bracket/trans mount holder (and they were rusty), so I had them blasted and powder coated….since they’ll be more visible whenever I get the Mopar intake installed

Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Font Tints and shades
Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
The paint was peeling off the battery tray and bracket/trans mount holder (and they were rusty), so I had them blasted and powder coated….since they’ll be more visible whenever I get the Mopar intake installed
Nice.
Mine were a little iffy too.
So I just powered off the rust with paint stripper and a wire brush/drill.
Then painted them with Rustoleum Black Gloss.
Nobody will see how well it turned out though...stock airbox...sleeper/legal look...

22801 - 22811 of 22811 Posts