Dodge SRT Forum banner
22681 - 22700 of 22701 Posts

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
I know that feeling. Except with my side windows. I just know I'm going end up in the stage lanes at the next drag evet and they won't go up.

·
Super Moderator
16,857 Posts
Going to try and take her to at least 2 events this weekend. On July 4th one starts at 7 in the morning and finishes at 10, then another one just over an hour away starts at noon. I'll be pressing time lol.

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
please. it's an SRT. drive fast enough and you'll go BACKNTIME :D

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan2

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
The really old mono amp I had on my sub finally died, so it was time for an upgrade. I took the time and spent the $ to go ahead and upgrade the wiring too. And for appearances I inverted my sub to show off the huge magnet.
Gadget Audio equipment Automotive tire Hood Computer hardware

Rectangle Line Font Material property Audio equipment

Hood Light Automotive lighting Trunk Vehicle

Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Gadget Gas

I also order a capacitor, but it’s not here yet.

while buying the stuff for that project I also got what I need to redo the battery/ground cables I never really finished when I relocated my battery. Notice the nice cable covering at the amp, I’m going to add that to all the new wiring I make. That’ll be a project this weekend. It’ll be new power cable from the alternator to starter to fusebox to battery (probably not in that order) and all new grounds too. Everything will be 4awg ofc wiring.

I recently changed both rear hubs/bearing due to lugs breaking.
I also picked up a couple of the front hub/bearing assemblies from MPX, but I want to try to find a set of the PT cruiser knuckles to put them in.

also recently changed out the could and plug wires for new granetelli (sp?) as I’m still chasing a misfire issue.
I did pull the cam sensor off yesterday to inspect the magnet and found some RTV had gotten between the sensor and the magnet. I cleaned it all up and the CEL is off for now. We’ll see if it comes back.
I’m sure there has been more but that’s all the updates for now.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Swapped the 03 pink injectors out.
Installed the bigger Stage 3 injectors.
It runs fine with the stock 03 PCM.
Was paranoid about running lean if abused.
Due to the larger Stage 3 Turbofold.
Should be a little safer now.
If someone else drives and abuses it.
So she is ready to take in for a smoke test.
To figure out the P0441.

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Swapped the 03 pink injectors out.
Installed the bigger Stage 3 injectors.
It runs fine with the stock 03 PCM.
Was paranoid about running lean if abused.
Due to the larger Stage 3 Turbofold.
Should be a little safer now.
If someone else drives and abuses it.
So she is ready to take in for a smoke test.
To figure out the P0441.
if needed, pull the boost reference from the wastegate. keeps it on spring pressure. even the stock ECU with S3 turbo and injectors won't freak out over that, as I learned when I did mine.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Smoke test found small leak in gas cap.
Could only turn for a few clicks when tightening.
New cap installed.

Purge Valve didn't leak but was suspected of hanging up.
Purge Valve replaced.

Will drive for a couple of hundred miles to confirm whether or not P0441 is really solved.
Note, the P0441 was previously tripping after only 20 miles before todays work was done.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Smoke test found small leak in gas cap.
Could only turn for a few clicks when tightening.
New cap installed.

Purge Valve didn't leak but was suspected of hanging up.
Purge Valve replaced.

Will drive for a couple of hundred miles to confirm whether or not P0441 is really solved.
Note, the P0441 was previously tripping after only 20 miles before todays work was done.
You need to have it fixed for California emissions or just because you don't want any codes?

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
The smaller town on the north end of the lake from me has a couple of SRT-4s buzzing around. Now, me being me, of course I want to chase them down and say hi, get them to join the local FB group etc., but the wife noticed something funny happening.

We'd alternate taking an SRT-4 and the SRT-8 into town. We'd never see the other SRT-4s when we're tootling around in one of our SRT-4s. But if we went in the SRT8; there's one driving by as we come out of a store/restaurant, there's one that just went through the intersection and we just stopped for a red with no way to safely (and legally) chase them down... it got to the point where it was pretty much a given that we'd see one of the SRT-4s driving around when we were not in our SRT-4, so it became a joke that we would at least do a 1 loser lap around town if we were there later in the evening, just to see if we could get the dice to roll in our favor for the '4.

So, this past two weeks, sure enough, I've been to town 4 times. Twice in the '4, twice in the '8.

Guess which times I finally chased down the other 2 SRT-4 owners.

Yep, in the '8.

WTF.

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Mine are the Redline Tuning QuickLIFT struts, circa 2005. still going strong.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
How do you like them? How'd the install go?
I had 3 problems. 1) I had the darnedest time figuring out how the brackets for the hood were supposed to line up. My eyes were playing tricks on me. 2) Getting the strut installed into the fender bracket was a pain, because I didn't leave them loose enough. 3) Once installed, I had a little trouble getting the hood raised enough to remove the prop rod.

That's it. Took me maybe 15 minutes to install. Seem to work pretty good once everything was installed. I'll know more when I get back to using the car regularly again. It's still waiting for the clutch to be replaced.

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Fortunately race day isn't until Sept 24. Wife doesn't want me racing the truck or the motorcycle.

22681 - 22700 of 22701 Posts