Dodge SRT Forum banner
22521 - 22540 of 22701 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
That possibility was brought up the last time Joe and I replaced an axle. I would have thought it would have stopped dripping by now if it was just overfilled. Time to actually clean up the engine and transmission... some.
the fluid does expand when it gets hot...
could also be the little silver breather on top of the transmission is sticking...
some Gunk will help clean up the engine and trans
then maybe some Murphy's oil in warm water to finish and smell like caster oil...

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Hve you ever had any luck with that stuff?
I never did and I see people all the time extolling it's virtue.
I really should have put an emoji on the end of that sentence. I wasn't being serious.

If it were me I'd just go ahead and get a 3" dp. And probably a big turbo kit to go with it. Since we're in there. Right?

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Just throw some JB weld on it.
All joking aside, JB weld now sells a formula for exhausts....

Hve you ever had any luck with that stuff?
I never did and I see people all the time extolling it's virtue.
I have never had issues with the stuff. It was worked for various projects for me over the years... though i have never tried it on exhaust.

I really should have put an emoji on the end of that sentence. I wasn't being serious.

If it were me I'd just go ahead and get a 3" dp. And probably a big turbo kit to go with it. Since we're in there. Right?
I have a 3'' downpipe and a big turbo kit.... this is the o2 housing that comes off the turbo and goes to the downpipe. This pipe is original to my AGP kit i bought back in 2008 so its lived a long life.

I got it back from the exhaust shop and it looks like shit. apparently the pipe has basically become paper thin in its old age. and the welder kept blowing through it. Its welded though... i'm at a point where i have no choice but to put it back on and hope it holds out for at least a couple of weeks before i can order a new one from AGP. the $400 price tag hurts.

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Found the trans fluid leak was indeed coming from the fill port. When Joe pulled the old plug he said he could feel a little bit of side to side movement in the plug. Topped off the fluid and installed the new plug. So far so good. Also added a quart of oil. I really need to check that more often.

·
Super Moderator
16,855 Posts
All joking aside, JB weld now sells a formula for exhausts....

I have never had issues with the stuff. It was worked for various projects for me over the years... though i have never tried it on exhaust.

I have a 3'' downpipe and a big turbo kit.... this is the o2 housing that comes off the turbo and goes to the downpipe. This pipe is original to my AGP kit i bought back in 2008 so its lived a long life.

I got it back from the exhaust shop and it looks like shit. apparently the pipe has basically become paper thin in its old age. and the welder kept blowing through it. Its welded though... i'm at a point where i have no choice but to put it back on and hope it holds out for at least a couple of weeks before i can order a new one from AGP. the $400 price tag hurts.
Around 1997 I used JB weld and a cut out piece of old metal window screen to seal up a structural failure (bad factory block that slit along the seam) in my 2.2L turbo lebaron GTC.

It held for 2 years, and then one really hot July day going down the interstate, top down, I was getting on it and it let loose... it looked like a category 4 thunderstorm was following my car, coolant blasting the hot turbo and exhaust...

I slowed up and some guy in a (insert whatever generic luxury brand) car behind me came by with his wipers going screaming cuss words out his open window and flipping me off. What did he think I meant to do that? I actually started laughing at him and he tried to brake check me. I took the exit, tangling with middle aged overpriced bravado isn't really my thing.

Not to mention, the first time it cracked it lost coolant really fast, was just assuming this was going to happen again. And it did. We got a different motor that time.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Red press car update: New door pull handles for the door cards sourced. OEM front speakers sourced. Extra sunvisor tabs added to the already-too-many pile, along with another 10-20 interior screws in minty condition (thanks, parts yard). Alignment still pending after rear passenger shock replaced with OEM.

Silver update: I regret driving it this winter. Crazy condensation in my garage that went unnoticed since I didn't drive the car for 2 weeks, and she went from minty to edge-rust on the license plate. Looks like that's the only casualty; underside and new suspension still shiny with no rust, but still. My OCD.

PT and SRT8 still fast asleep because snow.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I like that 4 post. How high from the floor to the roof of Red press?
Garage has a 12' ceiling. Not sure on the exact height of the car from the floor, but I could have the hood open with the prop rod up there if need be - it just fits. I still have 2 or 3 lockstops left on the lift until it's at max height.

The lift is from Atlas; it's the standard Garage Pro 8000. Spent way too much time researching and going hands-on with other lifts, and ended up deciding on the Atlas as the build quality is top notch, support is excellent, and it comes with everything; drip trays, dollys, end plates, ramps. I also have a bridge jack.

22521 - 22540 of 22701 Posts