Dodge SRT Forum banner
22501 - 22520 of 22529 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Need some shift cables any one has a extra 2004 srt4 neon
Best of luck to you. The only option right now is to find used OEM cables and people want a premium for them. There is no aftermarket options and Dodge has discontinued them. Real Tune is in the development stage of making a good set of aftermarket cables, they even have a couple of sets testing on cars right now, but they are not available to the public yet.

Hahahahahaha safety...
yeah yeah i know... safety.... and i say this knowing full well i drive a high horsepower shitbox with no crash bar...

Reactions: enginjoe

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I continued to work on the repair/swap on the shifter cables. I also took the mopar STS out and fully disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it with fresh lithium grease. I'm going to install my homemade 1,3,5 shift extender along with the cables.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Tire
ll just leave this here. 2022 reg. :)

Reactions: bzzt

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Asked Blazin if he can replace my Purge Valve and perform a Smoke Test.
Best SRT-4 mechanic in the world!
Does he still have his yellow track car? That thing was badass. I wanted to copy all of his aero mods. my canister was cracked on the nipples which secure it to the bracket. I replaced both the purge and the nlvd thing and no codes. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Best of luck to you. The only option right now is to find used OEM cables and people want a premium for them. There is no aftermarket options and Dodge has discontinued them. Real Tune is in the development stage of making a good set of aftermarket cables, they even have a couple of sets testing on cars right now, but they are not available to the public yet.

yeah yeah i know... safety.... and i say this knowing full well i drive a high horsepower shitbox with no crash bar...
Where are people breaking the cables? Do they stretch? There must be a way to just utilize something off another platform and modify it. I remember people doing this:

I am still currently running r/c car bearings as bushings in my cables.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
I have a transmission leak I need to get fixed. Going to try a new fill plug.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Probably axle seals with all the times we've pulled them

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
The drip looks like it's coming from the fill port. More investigation time... yay.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
That possibility was brought up the last time Joe and I replaced an axle. I would have thought it would have stopped dripping by now if it was just overfilled. Time to actually clean up the engine and transmission... some.

22501 - 22520 of 22529 Posts