Dodge SRT Forum banner
22421 - 22440 of 22459 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
mine hasn't been on the road in about a month.
put it up on the quickjack today, to make detailing the lower parts easier (i'm old. sue me.)
need to get the storage/OEM wheel/tire set out of the shed and bolt them up.
lol.. ahh the routine. Gotta dump some stabilizer in and fog the cylinders. Prepare her for the long sleep. im pulling the amps and having them gone through.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Getting closer to putting the motor/trans back in. I dropped the cam gears off with the powdercoater yesterday and went to pick up the valve cover from the fabricator who is welding it up for me. However they didnt finish the job the way i asked them to so i couldnt pick it up. I also dropped off my coolant tubes to have the extra nipples welded shut since i dont have a water cooled turbo or oil cooler.

I went to install my new silicone heater core hoses i ordered from Modern back in August only to find out they sent me the wrong thing. They sent me a silicone kit for the oil cooler (which i already mentioned i no longer have). Called them up yesterday and theyre going to ship out the right part and RMA the wrong one. Gotta love Modern, they're so easy to work with.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
honestly, you're fine for 6 months to a year. if you can, get a bottle of the red Stabil stuff, follow the directions and stick it in the tank.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I've never used stabilizer before so I know nothing about it. I made the mistake of having a full tank of gas this year; with just having one meet this year, I didn't use any gas.
Could be snake oil, but I use it cause grandpa did and never had problems.

but honestly, i dont know if its legit or legarbage.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Done with the compound stage. need to decide if it really needs a separate polish. the stuff I used is acting like a 1-stage, which is good.
If so, I just need to clean the glass thoroughly, and i can get to coating soon.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Gotta love Modern, they're so easy to work with.
I ordered and paid for the OEM rear strut mounts along with a whole bunch of other stuff, and got MOOG mounts instead along with the wrong spring isolator. Paid for expedited shipping that ended up taking extra time due to the border shenanigans with Covid last year. They then sent the replacement isolator to the wrong address and I had to chase it down.

I don't think I was being a dick about any of it, and as a typical Canadian I'm pretty sure I apologized several times for their mixup. Threw my whole schedule with Red off as I was aiming to have the suspension work done before I moved.

Never compensated me the difference between the expensive pair of OEM mounts and the much cheaper MOOGs, even though they said they would.

Because of all that I'll probably never order the 3 bar MAP + TIP for a rescale tune unfortunately, and source anything else I need elsewhere. I can't remember if that's the third or second time for me I've put stuff in my cart and paid only for them to discover there was no stock on hand (and, discontinued to boot), but it was the first time I never got a refund or at least wasn't charged in the first place. I not only bought a lot of stuff but sent everyone I ever encountered their way, so I'm kinda bummed out about it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I ordered and paid for the OEM rear strut mounts along with a whole bunch of other stuff, and got MOOG mounts instead along with the wrong spring isolator. Paid for expedited shipping that ended up taking extra time due to the border shenanigans with Covid last year. They then sent the replacement isolator to the wrong address and I had to chase it down.

I don't think I was being a dick about any of it, and as a typical Canadian I'm pretty sure I apologized several times for their mixup. Threw my whole schedule with Red off as I was aiming to have the suspension work done before I moved.

Never compensated me the difference between the expensive pair of OEM mounts and the much cheaper MOOGs, even though they said they would.

Because of all that I'll probably never order the 3 bar MAP + TIP for a rescale tune unfortunately, and source anything else I need elsewhere. I can't remember if that's the third or second time for me I've put stuff in my cart and paid only for them to discover there was no stock on hand (and, discontinued to boot), but it was the first time I never got a refund or at least wasn't charged in the first place. I not only bought a lot of stuff but sent everyone I ever encountered their way, so I'm kinda bummed out about it.
Send cory an email. he will fix it

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
203 Posts
Could be snake oil, but I use it cause grandpa did and never had problems.

but honestly, i dont know if its legit or legarbage.

Maybe I should try some. I have always hesitated to add anything to the car... former dealership always wanted to add an additive to oil at oil change time but I asked them not to as the car was still under warranty from DaimlerChrysler.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Finally installed the homemade fog light deletes I made. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Ignore how dirty the car is. The plan is still to put the motor/trans back in tomorrow.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Grille Car

Car Vehicle Hood Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
anyone got a source for OEM trunk badges?

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
203 Posts
anyone got a source for OEM trunk badges?
I don't see any available but here are the part numbers in case you don't have them (I ordered these from Quirk Parts back in 2016- here is what is on the invoice):
5029344AA 03-05 Dodge Neon TRUNK DECKLID SRT-4 EMBLEM NAMEPLATE BADGE OEM NEW MOPAR

5029566AA 2003-2005 Dodge Neon TRUNK LID DODGE EMBLEM NAMEPLATE BADGE OEM NEW MOPAR

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
well, if anyone comes across a source, please post up?

Reactions: lilviper

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive wheel system Rim

cracked the ear on my intake manifold…. Fuck! I was even being super careful and using a in-lb torque wrench!

22421 - 22440 of 22459 Posts