Dodge SRT Forum banner
22321 - 22340 of 22351 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Drilled and tapped one of the transmission mount holes in the transmission due to the bolt cross threading years ago... Also drilled my AGP mount so i can utilize the 4th bolt hole in the trans.

Hand Automotive tire Finger Nail Wrist

pardon the nastiness. Everything will get cleaned up when it goes back in.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
poor mans short shifter... i believe its more for the look of having a short shifter without having the true benefits of a well designed short shifter.

Reactions: lilviper

·
Registered
83 Posts
8 years later.. he said next week!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
That would be crazy! Lol

One person said November and now I'm being told December 😶

but why?

I just picked up this car with 3rd and 4th gear grinding. Just trying to avoid issues with the modified shifter.....if it may have added to the grinding

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That would be crazy! Lol

One person said November and now I'm being told December

I just picked up this car with 3rd and 4th gear grinding. Just trying to avoid issues with the modified shifter.....if it may have added to the grinding
it took almost 3 years to get my head back to me..

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
What am i missing toast?

I honestly have to be asleep, because this is like a dream. What the hell is this life.... this time last year I was in a condo renting extra spots for the fleet.

Now.... well... now look at this crap. I mean, what is life? pinching intensifies

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

I hear you toaster! Everything paid off but the house, I'll be hopefully dropping 50k+ extra off my house principle over the next three years by dumping an extra 1500 dollars into it on top of the regular payment.

I sometimes can't believe my srt is up and moving again, after 3 years sitting like that. I just celebrated 15 years of ownership with a new post on my 10 year thread :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I hear you toaster! Everything paid off but the house, I'll be hopefully dropping 50k+ extra off my house principle over the next three years by dumping an extra 1500 dollars into it on top of the regular payment.

I sometimes can't believe my srt is up and moving again, after 3 years sitting like that. I just celebrated 15 years of ownership with a new post on my 10 year thread :)
My only serious regret in life is trading in SRT-4 #1. If it hadn't been rolled, written off and crushed shortly afterwards by the new owners, I would have bought it back by now.

But I'll bet things would be very different than now, so there's that.

Never again will I be without one.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Yeah, paying off the house a few years before you retire is the way to go.
Doing regular maintenance will keep your sweetheart car running for a very long time.
So you can tinker with it in your paid-for garidge (garage).

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
162 Posts
Way off-topic but I recently tried again (after trying this many times over the last decade) to refinance my mortgage but it simply cannot be done. I would have to go deeply into debt in order to get a lower interest rate so I've officially given up. I will finish paying off my mortgage in 2035- I'll be 76.

At least the SRT is paid for and I get a company car for a DD.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Way off-topic but I recently tried again (after trying this many times over the last decade) to refinance my mortgage but it simply cannot be done. I would have to go deeply into debt in order to get a lower interest rate so I've officially given up. I will finish paying off my mortgage in 2035- I'll be 76.

At least the SRT is paid for and I get a company car for a DD.
You could lower your effective interest rate by double paying every month. The math usually works out.

www.powerpay.org is a good resource.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
162 Posts
If I could afford to increase my monthly payments, I would have started doing that years ago. The only way to lower my interest rate would be to get a new loan and then I would owe more in five years than what I will owe with my current loan. This is why I have given up on trying to lower the interest rate.

22321 - 22340 of 22351 Posts