Dodge SRT Forum banner
22301 - 22315 of 22315 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Engine - it's what it calls for and I've never had issues with it.

Transmission - Ed Peters specifically stated it by name and FWD and the people that rebuild the transmissions want it used in there, "high mileage" part deals with a particular additive that is really good.

Also, with respect to oil and transmission fluid, there are dozens of threads where people go off about it, I've read them all, hoping that this doesn't degenerate into one of them.
I also put the Mobil1 high mileage into the trans on one of my SRT-4s when I recently replaced the clutch, and have had no issues so far. However I have also read that the formula was changed in the last few years and the high zinc content in the formula that it was originally recommended for has been altered and is no longer high in zinc.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Engine - it's what it calls for and I've never had issues with it.

Transmission - Ed Peters specifically stated it by name and FWD and the people that rebuild the transmissions want it used in there, "high mileage" part deals with a particular additive that is really good.

Also, with respect to oil and transmission fluid, there are dozens of threads where people go off about it, I've read them all, hoping that this doesn't degenerate into one of them.
Weird, my 03, and the 04 say 10w30 on the cap. I wonder why the change to 5w30 in 05.

I've noticed a trend towards really thin oil, my van uses 7.5 quarts of 0w20.. thats changed every 10k miles, per the manufacturer...Talk about a change of paradigm.

Transmission I use 10w40 high mileage based on ed's videos on you tube, i think he was at modern or one of the big dodge shows... I also got a transmission cable stop because of him.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
yesterday i pressed out the old broken input shaft bearing and pressed in the new one. Pretty easy job once i got to the press.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Working on this thing little by little.
Yesterday I got the real tuned 3/4 shift fork installed on the slide, so now the gear set is ready to go back in the trans.
I also worked on getting my valve cover prepped for powdercoat. I’m adding 2 -10 an vents to the front of it and ditching the PCV all together. Also shaved off all the wording for a clean look.
I pulled my fuel surge tank off the car since I’m planning to change it up a bit. Found out one of the mounting tabs was broken. Glad it never fell off the car!
I’m also planning to change up most all the old ss fuel lines on the car for new nylon braided lines. I started with the valve cover vents.
-10 lines are huge!
Hand Automotive tire Carabiner Bicycle accessory Rock-climbing equipment

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
Man, I just want 100k miles on this new transmission with no problems.

I say 100k because I don't know that I'll get there before I die lol

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Man, I just want 100k miles on this new transmission with no problems.

I say 100k because I don't know that I'll get there before I die lol
I’ve been relatively lucky with the trans up until this point. I wish I had the extra cash to throw an upgraded input shaft while I have it apart. Mine still looks good for now so hopefully it’ll last me for another good long while. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the shift fork and 1/3/5 extender will take care of my 3rd gear pop outs.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Shop and it's current inhabitants.

Some big stuff arrives in a week or two. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I have an awful lot of empty white space, especially on the wall behind these two. I can't decide... a giant "SRT" logo... or a giant "PVO" logo...

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Tried my hand at aluminum welding using a torch and alumirods. It’s a little sloppy but seems to work well for this. I fixed a broken mounting tab, added a new bung, & added blocks to mount the fuel pump bracket. Having the pump mounted directly to the surge tank should be much nicer than how I had it before. Excuse the messiness, I’ll be cleaning it all up.
Automotive tire Bumper Pipeline transport Asphalt Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Rim Gas
Fixture Gas Machine tool Auto part Machine

Reactions: JmalB
22301 - 22315 of 22315 Posts