Dodge SRT Forum banner
22261 - 22280 of 22315 Posts

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
144 Posts
I won first 1985-2005 Stock category Sunday, now I'm looking at another show "Hot Cars Under The Stars" at the local Harley dealership this Saturday 5-9pm

So even though it is beautiful out, I refuse to drive because I don't want to get it dirty before then hahaha.

But, maybe I should, because I made a purchase today...

View attachment 147785

I've been using Meguires for several years, but the dark red bottles. We'll see if I just got sucked in by the ultimate tag. It was like a lot more expensive, but heck, I don't think I buy wax but once every 4 or 5 years.
I know what you mean about the red bottles- I too have used them for years. I did get distracted by a lot of talk about Zaino and I've been using their products for the past few years (after I quit having Ziebart apply Diamond Gloss every year). Please let us know what you discover with the new products.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
I won first 1985-2005 Stock category Sunday, now I'm looking at another show "Hot Cars Under The Stars" at the local Harley dealership this Saturday 5-9pm

So even though it is beautiful out, I refuse to drive because I don't want to get it dirty before then hahaha.

View attachment 147785

I've been using Meguires for several years, but the dark red bottles. We'll see if I just got sucked in by the ultimate tag. It was like a lot more expensive, but heck, I don't think I buy wax but once every 4 or 5 years.
A good cleaning/degreasing/dewaxing, a good buff and polish, then seal it with Avalon King. I never show you the pictures of the sebring? Been over a year and it's still stunning. Wife's co-worker thought the car got a total repaint.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
definitely driving the car a lot lately. already put more gas in it this year than the last 3 years each. trend isn't going down either.

also, for those with the MP rear diffuser, what affects should it have on downforce? at speeds firmly into the right half of the speedo, the car starts to develop a bit of a light/vague front end, that I don't remember having before.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
definitely driving the car a lot lately. already put more gas in it this year than the last 3 years each. trend isn't going down either.

also, for those with the MP rear diffuser, what affects should it have on downforce? at speeds firmly into the right half of the speedo, the car starts to develop a bit of a light/vague front end, that I don't remember having before.
I dont experience a vagueness in the front end above 100. I have taken my hands off the wheel at 140 and stepped on the brakes, shes solid. I have noticed the car doesnt seem to be working as hard at those speeds.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts

I am still so torn on those, because they look so good...

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
the struts really took the load off the bumper.

Yah but I don't know, what they are saying above about changes in high speed driving characteristics... seeing how I daily drive the car at 150mph

LOLOL

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yah but I don't know, what they are saying above about changes in high speed driving characteristics... seeing how I daily drive the car at 150mph

LOLOL
nope, doesnt change the high speed handling. it does reduce the engine loading. ive only had the car above 150 about 30 times. but its not pulling as hard at or above those speeds.

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts

View attachment 147785

Okay, so my review of sorts on this stuff.

They give you an applicator and a buffing cloth with the package. This wax isn't like a traditional wax in any way, it's got a consistency that is more like the high gloss tire shine than a car wax. This made it really difficult to see, especially on a white car like mine. I had to continually lean over it and look to see if I was getting decent layer coverage. Then you have to let it dry, and it seemed to take longer to dry than most waxes. It seemed like it was easier to see on the blue stripes, so I would think that a darker car would be easier to put this product on, as far as perception of coverage.

Almost immediately I realized a different rather glaring shortcoming, at least for how I clean my car. Even though my usual routine involves hitting the manual car wash, and then a double-bucket hand wash, I will still miss some of the extremely small hard to see hard to remove dirty spots, like fly specks or tiny tree droppings. I've always relied on the cleaner style meguire's wax because it will remove that without damaging the pant.

This "Ultimate" wax will not. I had to keep using my fingernail to take care of those tiny specks, so basically you'd have to have a 100% clean car if you were going to benefit completely from this product, either that or you just deal with waxing right over the hard to see specks. Either way that's not appealing to me. I'd rather have a wax that still does just a little bit of cleaning like their regular wax does.

So is the final product worth it? When I got done I stood back and sort of scratched my head in thought. The car was already clean but I hadn't waxed it since like April, and honestly it's really hard to tell if it made much of a difference. I'll know more tomorrow when I get it out in the sun. But honestly based on what I'm looking at, I don't know if it is worth the price. Let's say you clean your windshield with some windex, and then someone gives you a new product, ULTIMATE windex, and it's supposed to make those windows even cleaner, even shinier, more reflective. At what point do the improvements over previous versions of a product become basically imperceptible to the naked eye?

I really think that's the point that I'm at with trying to use an "Ultimate" wax over a regular wax. I don't think it is worth it.

Even so, here's a picture:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

EDIT: Cliff notes - this is not a cleaner wax, at all, this is a "make an already 100% car shinier" wax.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

They give you an applicator and a buffing cloth with the package. This wax isn't like a traditional wax in any way, it's got a consistency that is more like the high gloss tire shine than a car wax. This made it really difficult to see, especially on a white car like mine. I had to continually lean over it and look to see if I was getting decent layer coverage. Then you have to let it dry, and it seemed to take longer to dry than most waxes. It seemed like it was easier to see on the blue stripes, so I would think that a darker car would be easier to put this product on, as far as perception of coverage.

Almost immediately I realized a different rather glaring shortcoming, at least for how I clean my car. Even though my usual routine involves hitting the manual car wash, and then a double-bucket hand wash, I will still miss some of the extremely small hard to see hard to remove dirty spots, like fly specks or tiny tree droppings. I've always relied on the cleaner style meguire's wax because it will remove that without damaging the pant.

This "Ultimate" wax will not. I had to keep using my fingernail to take care of those tiny specks, so basically you'd have to have a 100% clean car if you were going to benefit completely from this product, either that or you just deal with waxing right over the hard to see specks. Either way that's not appealing to me. I'd rather have a wax that still does just a little bit of cleaning like their regular wax does.

So is the final product worth it? When I got done I stood back and sort of scratched my head in thought. The car was already clean but I hadn't waxed it since like April, and honestly it's really hard to tell if it made much of a difference. I'll know more tomorrow when I get it out in the sun. But honestly based on what I'm looking at, I don't know if it is worth the price. Let's say you clean your windshield with some windex, and then someone gives you a new product, ULTIMATE windex, and it's supposed to make those windows even cleaner, even shinier, more reflective. At what point do the improvements over previous versions of a product become basically imperceptible to the naked eye?

I really think that's the point that I'm at with trying to use an "Ultimate" wax over a regular wax. I don't think it is worth it.

View attachment 147811

EDIT: Cliff notes - this is not a cleaner wax, at all, this is a "make an already 100% car shinier" wax.
Shes shiny..

·
Registered
12,011 Posts

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
oh, yea. I remember you talking about that. I managed to get the bumper straps to re-engage after assembly no idea how i'll get them out again if I need to, but that's a problem for a different day. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
I drove to the car show tonight!!!

It was cancelled 6 hours ago, they were worried about storms. Those Camaro pussies haha

Midwest Camaro Club <- sponsors

I didn't check the internet before I left, that's on me @#$*

Thankfully it was just 12 miles from my house, so I just drove a longer route to get back home, for fun.

Unfortunately for them the weather is absolutely amazing NOW, other than being really humid. It's 82 degrees. There's no wind at all though, it would have been a bit stuffy and sweaty even this late in the day.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
144 Posts

View attachment 147811

Doesn't sound like a product that I'll use. Thanks for your information.

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
Had a bit of a scare tonight...

Went to get school supplies for the kiddos (Why the @#$* do they need so much #[email protected]*??? 150 bucks worth?? And that's cheaper than last year thank God, but I digress), wasn't driving all that hard, decided last minute to swing into McD's for a simple cheapo meal because it's getting late...

I swing around after ordering and I pay the guy, nice young kid "Hey I really like your car" and I thanked him, then as I get my ccard back, a terrifying stench of burning oil fills my nostrils and I look in my side view mirror and see smoke swirling around...

Lots of it, acrid and hanging in the air... I pulled ahead to pick up my food and it just followed me. I ended up getting my food then pulling up into one of the drive-thru "wait stalls" and going behind the car.

The wind was coming from behind, and there was like maybe a 2010-12 Jeep Liberty back there and it was rolling off of that poor Jeep.

I breathed a sign of relief, they were probably wondering what I was doing, but I was getting freaked out thinking it was my car LOL.

I sure hope that nice kid doesn't think that was my car all dxcked up ;)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Had a bit of a scare tonight...

Went to get school supplies for the kiddos (Why the @#$* do they need so much #[email protected]*??? 150 bucks worth?? And that's cheaper than last year thank God, but I digress), wasn't driving all that hard, decided last minute to swing into McD's for a simple cheapo meal because it's getting late...

I swing around after ordering and I pay the guy, nice young kid "Hey I really like your car" and I thanked him, then as I get my ccard back, a terrifying stench of burning oil fills my nostrils and I look in my side view mirror and see smoke swirling around...

Lots of it, acrid and hanging in the air... I pulled ahead to pick up my food and it just followed me. I ended up getting my food then pulling up into one of the drive-thru "wait stalls" and going behind the car.

The wind was coming from behind, and there was like maybe a 2010-12 Jeep Liberty back there and it was rolling off of that poor Jeep.

I breathed a sign of relief, they were probably wondering what I was doing, but I was getting freaked out thinking it was my car LOL.

I sure hope that nice kid doesn't think that was my car all dxcked up ;)
oh yes, i know that panic well.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Wow, that garage will be nice.

Are you going OEM on suspension parts? I went with the poly all around, along with new OEM struts, and have been extremely happy thus far.
Yep - went full OEM.

However we are now evacuated due to a wildfire less than 7km away. Forecast not looking good. Got all the cars out though.

22261 - 22280 of 22315 Posts