Dodge SRT Forum banner
22221 - 22240 of 22263 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts
Drove the SRT a couple days ago to pick up my daughter from her friends house. Everything seemed ok. Lately it's been harder to shift into 1st.... couple hours later i hooped in the car to go get dinner and it feels like the TOB failed... again. The clutch pedal is pulsing real bad and the clutch isnt grabbing right.... fuck.

I went ahead and ordered a mopar TOB from modern (the car as an ACT in it). Ordered a new timing belt tensioner because the DCR one on the car isnt set right and i want to go back to an automatic tensioner. and i just ordered a real tune 3/4 shift fork to try to fix the 3rd gear pop out on down shifts. I'm going to pull the motor and trans together again and swap the parts in real quick. Fingers crossed the clutch isnt damaged since it doesnt have very many miles on it (maybe 6-7k).
Damn man, you and I are in a bad club lately lol

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Replaced the lockable gas cap with the original (much easier to deal with at the pump).
Sometimes it's better to go back a step or two.
So far no codes but now that I've mentioned it I'll surely get a P440 or P441 tomorrow LOL.
But it's not the gas cap causing the problem...

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
This used to happen occasionally, but now it seems like every time....
After the car has been parked a day or two when I try to reverse it feels like the brake is pressed (right front). What would make the pads stay clamped on the rotor like that? I haven't removed the wheel and caliper yet to check it out.
Once it breaks free the car drives and brakes fine. It's only after it sits for at least a day.
I removed the front right caliper, cleaned and greased the parts, and tried to back up. Car still didn't want to go backwards. Then I heard that the noise was from the left rear! 😖
Took the wheel off but realized I can't remember how to remove the rear caliper. Saved the project for another day...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I removed the front right caliper, cleaned and greased the parts, and tried to back up. Car still didn't want to go backwards. Then I heard that the noise was from the left rear!
Took the wheel off but realized I can't remember how to remove the rear caliper. Saved the project for another day...
remove the 2 bolts, just like the fronts.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
lol make sure you check the parking breaks.. They delaminate and jam.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
It's been a very long time since the rear brakes got any attention so I'll just replace the pads and shoes.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Damn man, you and I are in a bad club lately lol
yeah... it doesnt help that my wifes car is having some issues too... We are basically down to our truck and my motorcycle which means i've had to ride the bike in some weather conditions lately i really didnt want to....

But i got the parts from modern performance, and the timing belt tension should be here today. Still no word from real tune on the shift fork though...

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
118 Posts
My car has the AGP TOB that I bought from Modern.
So far, it seems to be lasting a little longer than the Mopar TOB.
I'm afraid the pulsating pedal sounds more like a clutch or flywheel problem whan the TOB.
This^ I have the same TOF from AGP and it works amazing. I am on stock clutch though and only has 6k miles on it.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
118 Posts
Installed an upgraded fuel rail line today. Earlier this year my factory line snapped at the tip by the fuel rail upon start up ( thank god it was a cold morning) and fuel leaked everywhere. I ended up getting a factory replacement but I don’t trust that plastic anymore so got my new one from Run It performance. It came packaged real nice and neat and feels solid. Looks great too.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Big update time. #novel

So, I've been quietly building replacement suspension for my red press car, since it's broke AF. It's also the last thing before I can start daily-ing it to work out any other bugs. All I had left was the rear strut mounts and an isolator (I already had one), both showing in-stock @ Modern. I had a month left in my old house, lots of time to get them in and get them installed, right?

That is not what happened.

Getting OEM Mopar strut mounts and spring isolators turned into a multi-month nightmare. Modern had them in-stock on the website (mmm... pricy OEM strut mounts), so I tossed them in the cart along with the single OEM rear spring isolator. Paid for express shipping to Canadaland.

After my order circled the globe at least twice, and took twice as long as standard shipping, imagine my surprise when I open the box and am greeted with Moog mounts and a front lower isolator. WTF.

Of course, this is during the last few weeks in our old place in the lower mainland, before we moved. Modern said the mounts are disco'ed, so I'm SOL there (a refund on the difference between the OEMs and the Moogs would have been nice though), and after I reiterated that I was moving, and gave them the new address both over the phone and email, the single OEM spring isolator they were able to find was shipped... to my old address. Fuck. That was a battle getting it from the new owners; they turned out to be monumental assholes.

Anyways, got all my stuff right? Ready to do surgery on the red press car and get the 'ole girl back on the road again, right?! AFTER FOUR YEARS!

Wrong.

Nailed a big pothole on the way up to my new house while travelling up there in the silver SRT-4 jammed full of stuff, big bubble on the new tire I put on. Road-hazard-warranty took care of it's replacement (I had bought a set of Conti winters and put a whopping 500 kms on those tires. Yes, five-hundred.). But the rear suspension started squeaking, my new(ish) front bearing now had play, and I suspected a slightly bent strut to top it all off... I decided to say fuck it and completely replace the suspension on the silver SRT-4. Ordered the entire fronts and whatever else I needed to complete the rear set I already built for the red press car from Rock Auto, but reused my Stage 1 springs. Car had 170,000kms on it, so new suspension was on the list anyways. Besides... won't be able to buy new OEM struts for much longer me thinks.

Also, pulled the trigger on 4x Michelin Pilot Sport AS4s in stock size on the PT GT Empire rims. They look and handle sexy as hell, and I cannot recommend them enough. They're miles ahead of the Continental Extreme Contact DWSs, and much quieter than the AS3s on the SRT8.

When this is done in about 2 weeks then I install the second set of OEM SRT-4 suspension I got my grubby little hands on into the red press car.

Yes. I built a detached shop (already have an attached 2-car garage) strictly for my SRTs.

4-post lift should be here start of next month.

#idontfuckaround

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
118 Posts
Anybody know what this is called so I can get a new one? The heat pad above the turbo on the roof of firewall. I’ve been trying to search no luck...

22221 - 22240 of 22263 Posts