Dodge SRT Forum banner
22201 - 22220 of 22263 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I can't seem to catch a break lately...

Two days ago, coming home from work, rock truck pulls out in front of me, no big deal, had to wait to pass him, while waiting, heard a thud, thought I ran over something, wasn't sure.

Today, went over to my work bench in the garage, looked over at the car, there's a dent all the way to the metal on the front edge of the hood, about half an inch back, about as big as my thumb. :(

I hate rock trucks, with a passion, they are the low life of the trucking industry, a bunch of jacka##es who can't seem to secure their tarps as required, cutting people off, passing in no passing zones, and driving as that load of rock is going to save someone's life, and they cause so much damage to so many vehicles. This exact same thing happened to my truck about 2 years ago.

Going in on tuesday to the guy who fixed the dents on my door, he's going to try and get the dent out. But this is going to require a lot of detailed paint work, feathering, close in wet sanding, etc, in order to try and paint it back to looking "factory".
yup. same thing happened to me last year.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts
There was a car show about 45 minutes north of me in a small town, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but this morning I decided I would clean the car up. Didn't do my usual crazy detailed cleaning, but got it pretty good.

Then off we went...

20210704_121834.jpg
Got there right before noon, which was the cut-off, so parking was a little scarce. Ended up beside this Ford several blocks down.

A guy had like a 51' International pickup, he was a Vietnam vet, and we were talking for a good hour, so I stayed for the awards show to see if the guy would get an award.

I never think much of awards, not because they don't matter, but because of how much people hate our Neons LOL. So it was a bit of shock when they announced the Best in Show 2000-Present...

20210704_153731.jpg
And it was me. I am sure I looked really bewildered going up to the trophy table, I was like 2 blocks away, because I wasn't even expecting an award. There were a lot of cars there, and certainly a good number of cars in my class. I wondered though if it boiled down to preparation, because the SRT was super sharp today, very clean, with my props/supporting paperwork all on the dash.

So, there is a little sunshine with the rain for my car this week :) We go in Tuesday to try and get that dent on the hood fixed. Notice my hood was up the entire show? LOL

Oh, and that Galaxy next to me got Best in Show overall. He didn't seem all that happy when I parked beside him though. That's why you gotta love the hate if you drive an SRT-1, can't let judgemental people get to you.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Some cunt broke my rear window over the weekend. Now I have to get that fixed before Saturday. Slicks get in Wednesday. Have to get my hopefully repaired race rim. LCA install Saturday morning. Race Saturday evening. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Some cunt broke my rear window over the weekend. Now I have to get that fixed before Saturday. Slicks get in Wednesday. Have to get my hopefully repaired race rim. LCA install Saturday morning. Race Saturday evening. Ugh.
ugh.. at least the windows are cheap.

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts
Ugh, I hate that shit, did they steal anything or they were just being a bxxxh?

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Nothing was stolen. I didn't even notice until I got in the car to drive it to work. If my wife's car hadn't been in the shop, I would have driven the Ram to work as usual. Who knows when I would have seen the broken glass.

As far as I can tell nothing was stolen. Glass was shattered but still in place. That is until I started driving home after work, chunks began to fall into the back seat. Took it straight to Safelite and they kept it overnight for me. Got a call about an hour ago. It's already fixed. And free of charge thanks to USAA glass coverage.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nothing was stolen. I didn't even notice until I got in the car to drive it to work. If my wife's car hadn't been in the shop, I would have driven the Ram to work as usual. Who knows when I would have seen the broken glass.

As far as I can tell nothing was stolen. Glass was shattered but still in place. That is until I started driving home after work, chunks began to fall into the back seat. Took it straight to Safelite and they kept it overnight for me. Got a call about an hour ago. It's already fixed. And free of charge thanks to USAA glass coverage.
usaa is good about that.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
This used to happen occasionally, but now it seems like every time....
After the car has been parked a day or two when I try to reverse it feels like the brake is pressed (right front). What would make the pads stay clamped on the rotor like that? I haven't removed the wheel and caliper yet to check it out.
Once it breaks free the car drives and brakes fine. It's only after it sits for at least a day.

·
Super Moderator
16,153 Posts
This used to happen occasionally, but now it seems like every time....
After the car has been parked a day or two when I try to reverse it feels like the brake is pressed (right front). What would make the pads stay clamped on the rotor like that? I haven't removed the wheel and caliper yet to check it out.
Once it breaks free the car drives and brakes fine. It's only after it sits for at least a day.
You'll want to start off and make sure that your guide pins are cleaned and well lubricated. Check the piston for rust, make sure the rubber portion isn't torn and that road debris isn't caked anywhere that could cause a bind. Could potentially need to rebuild the caliper, it's not a difficult job, just tends to be really dirty.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You'll want to start off and make sure that your guide pins are cleaned and well lubricated. Check the piston for rust, make sure the rubber portion isn't torn and that road debris isn't caked anywhere that could cause a bind. Could potentially need to rebuild the caliper, it's not a difficult job, just tends to be really dirty.
I clean and lube the ears too. Sometimes you gotta get inside the caliper pin guides and clean out the old grease really well with a wire brush/pipe cleaner..

If you do have to rebuild them..use a pressure bleeder to get the air out.

Sticky breaks are no fun.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Give me a brake! 😄
Thanks for the tips. I'll take it apart and see what's going on this weekend. Hopefully it just dirty parts (giggity) like you guys said.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Drove the SRT a couple days ago to pick up my daughter from her friends house. Everything seemed ok. Lately it's been harder to shift into 1st.... couple hours later i hooped in the car to go get dinner and it feels like the TOB failed... again. The clutch pedal is pulsing real bad and the clutch isnt grabbing right.... fuck.

I went ahead and ordered a mopar TOB from modern (the car as an ACT in it). Ordered a new timing belt tensioner because the DCR one on the car isnt set right and i want to go back to an automatic tensioner. and i just ordered a real tune 3/4 shift fork to try to fix the 3rd gear pop out on down shifts. I'm going to pull the motor and trans together again and swap the parts in real quick. Fingers crossed the clutch isnt damaged since it doesnt have very many miles on it (maybe 6-7k).

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Drove the SRT a couple days ago to pick up my daughter from her friends house. Everything seemed ok. Lately it's been harder to shift into 1st.... couple hours later i hooped in the car to go get dinner and it feels like the TOB failed... again. The clutch pedal is pulsing real bad and the clutch isnt grabbing right.... fuck.

I went ahead and ordered a mopar TOB from modern (the car as an ACT in it). Ordered a new timing belt tensioner because the DCR one on the car isnt set right and i want to go back to an automatic tensioner. and i just ordered a real tune 3/4 shift fork to try to fix the 3rd gear pop out on down shifts. I'm going to pull the motor and trans together again and swap the parts in real quick. Fingers crossed the clutch isnt damaged since it doesnt have very many miles on it (maybe 6-7k).
My car has the AGP TOB that I bought from Modern.
So far, it seems to be lasting a little longer than the Mopar TOB.
I'm afraid the pulsating pedal sounds more like a clutch or flywheel problem whan the TOB.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
I'm not referring to the TOB fork, i'm talking about the TOB itself. I have a wikyd fork.

22201 - 22220 of 22263 Posts