Dodge SRT Forum banner
22121 - 22140 of 22245 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,102 Posts

So, was thinking about the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, but after talking to a couple people, including a fine gentleman on the forum, both thought maybe this tire would be more fitting.

I didn't want to change my stock tire size (I'm on the OEM rims, being a CE and all), and wow is that size limited in choices.

The local place quoted me 192, I told them this price, he said he'd get back to me.

An hour later calls back and matches the price. There's also a 70 dollar rebate for 4 tires, nice nice!

Hopefully Monday or Tuesday these will be installed :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
View attachment 147458

So, was thinking about the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, but after talking to a couple people, including a fine gentleman on the forum, both thought maybe this tire would be more fitting.

I didn't want to change my stock tire size (I'm on the OEM rims, being a CE and all), and wow is that size limited in choices.

The local place quoted me 192, I told them this price, he said he'd get back to me.

An hour later calls back and matches the price. There's also a 70 dollar rebate for 4 tires, nice nice!

Hopefully Monday or Tuesday these will be installed :)
Nice. I just got another set of advan neova AD08Rs.

and i get to change the 4th mount :( uggghhhh

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,102 Posts
Nice. I just got another set of advan neova AD08Rs.

and i get to change the 4th mount :( uggghhhh

It is really tough for me to get past how bad the S-Drive tires were years ago, with respect to Yokohamas. I'm sure it's not fair to lump the entire brand into the dumpster, but I had one really scary moment with them and parked the car for a week, refusing to drive it till I got a new set of KDW's lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hit up some pick & pulls, got some belt mouldings... hopefully o can make a good set.. also, changed out my sunroof motor and switch the other day, now I just gotta clean the drains.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,102 Posts
I've thought of grabbing some of those myself. The passenger front rubber flap that rides against the window horizontally has a very small tear in it at the back, no one would see it except me, even at a car show likely, but I freaking know it is there. They seem to be one of the weaker links on our cars.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It is really tough for me to get past how bad the S-Drive tires were years ago, with respect to Yokohamas. I'm sure it's not fair to lump the entire brand into the dumpster, but I had one really scary moment with them and parked the car for a week, refusing to drive it till I got a new set of KDW's lol
Never had KDWs... went from the pilot sports when they stopped making them to the advan, its a really grippy tire.

·
Super Moderator
16,102 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about them was the noise, they are growly little bastids...

I loved how they looked, they had a lot of bite going into corners, and decent grip from a stop. Liked them enough to have them 3 times (stock when new, and bought them twice).

·
Registered
546 Posts
View attachment 147458

I've got them. Work well. Good street-track tire with decent tread life. The Michelin ps4s are better but they don't come in our size. As a bonus they don't make much tread noise.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
78 Posts
I've thought of grabbing some of those myself. The passenger front rubber flap that rides against the window horizontally has a very small tear in it at the back, no one would see it except me, even at a car show likely, but I freaking know it is there. They seem to be one of the weaker links on our cars.
Yeah, I'm sure that you've seen dead rubber on window moldings that looks like it has "teeth" missing. I had mine replaced a few years ago and have another new set in storage.

·
Super Moderator
16,102 Posts
I actually think you can order new mouldings through aftermarket companies from reputable glass shops. It would be interesting to call and see what they'd charge. The only problem is they might not be made with the same quality. Which, if you think about it, is rather funny, because those mouldings might be the LEAST quality item on the entire car, aside from the sun visor clips LOL

·
Registered
988 Posts
I actually think you can order new mouldings through aftermarket companies from reputable glass shops. It would be interesting to call and see what they'd charge. The only problem is they might not be made with the same quality. Which, if you think about it, is rather funny, because those mouldings might be the LEAST quality item on the entire car, aside from the sun visor clips LOL
HAHAHAHAHA thats the first thing that broke on my car. i have an original spare in the package!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
I have a whole brand new set in the garage. They are not going on the car until it gets painted, which will probably never happen because the car isn't worth a good paint job. Someone will probably just get the nice new set when I get rid of the car. I don't know when that will be...

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
It started overheating so replaced the thermostat. Runs at a rock solid 195° now.
New vs old:

·
Registered
85 Posts
i run a stock pump feeding a surge tank which feeds a Bosch -044 pump that feeds the engine.
Where do you have your surge tank mounted?

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
With Joe's help, installed new brake rotors and pads. Bedding them was an adventure that included almost overheating the car.

Still awaiting the big ticket item to arrive.

22121 - 22140 of 22245 Posts