Dodge SRT Forum banner

21961 - 21980 of 21999 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm talking about getting it back into the car, the insert itself went in fairly easy, had to jimmy it a bit with my biggest screwdriver because the mount had settled about a quarter inch or so, but a little dish soap and hot water goes a long way.
thats a fact.. i can't get thoe silicone hoses on the hard pipes without it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
5/1/2021 127,035 Still on STOCK PCM, MAP, TIP, Injectors
P1105-TIP SENSOR SOLENOID CIRCUIT
No changes were made except a gas fill-up.

p1105- tip sensor solenoid circuit.
Checked wiring at the #1 solenoid and blew all three solenoids (my breath).
Checked wiring at IAT sensor at Red Line by the Charge Tube and disconnected, blew the reconneted connector (my breath).
Checked wiring at TIP sensor at White line by air cleaner inlet and disconnected, blew the reconneted connector (my breath).
Checked wiring at Intake Air Temp sensor on the air inlet snorkel and disconnected, blew the reconneted connector (my breath).
Noticed the the Intake Air Temp sensor on the air inlet snorkel was quite loose so wrapped a little Duct Tape to make a tighter fit.
As I recall, I had previously wrapped this sensor for the same reason (loose fit) but decided to discard the wrapping when doing the SMOG test work.
Evidently, this was a mistake as the Intake Air Sensor needs to be a smug fit in the air intake snorkel or else P1105 may result.

Test Drive to Rio VIsta via Anderson/Montezuma Hills.
No reoccurrence of P1105.
WIll road test again over the next few days.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A Modern polished shift knob

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I did a metal shift knob from modern over the winter (if you want to call it that in Tucson) and now that it is getting hot, I can't touch the darn thing when I try to drive in the afternoon. I usually pull a piece of ice out of my drink cup and melt it over the knob, so I can touch it without burning my hand. lol

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I did a metal shift knob from modern over the winter (if you want to call it that in Tucson) and now that it is getting hot, I can't touch the darn thing when I try to drive in the afternoon. I usually pull a piece of ice out of my drink cup and melt it over the knob, so I can touch it without burning my hand. lol
If this is the solid metal knob with all the Allen screws, then yes, mine also gets too hot to handle in the summer. But at least it doesn't pop off in my hand when shifting and it looks decent compared to some of the gaudy ones.

EDIT
PS thanks for the reminder...I will be adding an old sock to my shift know now that the weather is getting hotter. It's quite amazing all the different varieties of shift know covers you can find with Google. There is even one that looks like a penis! Not for me though LOL.

·
Super Moderator
15,855 Posts

Delivered by end of day Friday... looks like I know what the weekend has in store... except I think I might be working this weekend? Well anyways, there's more work to be done soon :)

My current ones are good but they are showing rust, and at 16 years old, they are likely getting weaker anyway. So far they seem pretty good though. It will be sad to see my OEM struts go. I'll have to carefully peel off the original stickers and transfer them over like I did on my transmission heh heh.

·
Super Moderator
15,855 Posts
Motor mount inserts came in today, and I installed them.

Opened up the struts, they came in yesterday but I didn't have time to look in the box.

20210507_141207.jpg

Everything you see laying there is just packing material LOL

Modern loaded this box up with it, then ran 22 staples through either end to keep it closed. I think this box would have survived a decent nuclear explosion haha.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Last night was track night. I couldn't go or I would know. I hope it didn't blow during a run

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
P0440 problem still not solved.
The P0440 is such a general code with no other codes to point at a potential culprit.

5/5/2021 127,082 Still on STOCK PCM, MAP, TIP, Injectors
P0440-GENERAL EVAP SYSTEM FAILURE even with the new lockable gas cap.
Cleared P0440 with the Aeroforce ScanPro.

05/07/2021
Removed NVLD.
Purchased new NVLD from Antion Auto for $174.01 (part numbers were identical to the old unit).

05/08/2021 127,110 Still on STOCK PCM, MAP, TIP, Injectors
Installed new NVLD. No unexpected install problems. Work done perfectly.
Drove Montezuma Hills and then parked at BOS and waited a few minutes.
Restart and P0440 reoccurred and could not be cleared with Aeroforce no matter how many times I tried.
P0440 solved after PCM reset (disconnect battery, press brake pedal several times to clear residual electricity).
Restarted several times with A/C on but no P0440.
Noticed Manifold PSI is a little high at -20.1 instead of -18.4 ... could this be related?

Ordered Smoke Test machine from Amazon.

Will inspect rigorously and follow all the diagnostic steps in the FSM (and from Matt aka Baby Viper).

·
Super Moderator
15,855 Posts
P0440 is such a pain in the ass. Never had it on my car, had it keep coming up on the pickup and it did end up being a gas cap issue. When it's not the gas cap it just gets progressively more irritating.

The fact that it doesn't affect much (usually) is almost worse, because you can just about justify ignoring it, but if you are like me, a completist/perfectionist about your vehicles, you can't let it go :(

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
P0440 is such a pain in the ass. Never had it on my car, had it keep coming up on the pickup and it did end up being a gas cap issue. When it's not the gas cap it just gets progressively more irritating.

The fact that it doesn't affect much (usually) is almost worse, because you can just about justify ignoring it, but if you are like me, a completist/perfectionist about your vehicles, you can't let it go :(
Yep. All true. I know how I can solve it - just shove the Stage 3 PCM, MAP, TIP and Injectors back in there (mainly the PCM). But it's got my attention now and will be the subject of an obsession for a while. I've got the time and the money to figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
15,855 Posts
I have found myself almost manic about intersections lately, slowing down and glancing both ways multiple times as I go through LOL. I better find a reason to park my car for another couple of years haha.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have found myself almost manic about intersections lately, slowing down and glancing both ways multiple times as I go through LOL. I better find a reason to park my car for another couple of years haha.
Nope, there is no escape! LOL

I drove over to Stockton on Thursday for a Ukulele lesson.
About 25 miles on main roads and some freeway.
I was doing 70 on the freeway and I thought "God, I haven't driven this fast in over a year".
Then I was suddenly buzzed by a couple of youts.
Driving Japanese tuner cars which cut in and out of traffic, going way too fast.
I said to myself "wow, I gotta get out and drive more often...this is fun".
But I was in Casper (2011 Prius 4) ...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nope, there is no escape! LOL

I drove over to Stockton on Thursday for a Ukulele lesson.
About 25 miles on main roads and some freeway.
I was doing 70 on the freeway and I thought "God, I haven't driven this fast in over a year".
Then I was suddenly buzzed by a couple of youts.
Driving Japanese tuner cars which cut in and out of traffic, going way too fast.
I said to myself "wow, I gotta get out and drive more often...this is fun".
But I was in Casper (2011 Prius 4) ...
I chased a p0440 ony 2000 ram for 3 years until I got a smoker. Then I found a hose that would lift off under pressure on top of the canister.. it looked good, didnt fit good. a t and 2 peices of hose later.. no code in 6 months.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I chased a p0440 ony 2000 ram for 3 years until I got a smoker. Then I found a hose that would lift off under pressure on top of the canister.. it looked good, didnt fit good. a t and 2 peices of hose later.. no code in 6 months.

Thanks. A couple of questions since you've done this before.

1. How much PSI did you use with your smoke test(s)?
I don't want to damage my 18 year old Evap system by using too much pressure.

2. I am planning to start my test by connecting the Smoke Machine to the Service Port (20).
I believe it's the Green plastic cap behind the battery.
This should pressurize everything in the Evap system except the Purge Line (15)
which may or may not pressurize depending on whether or not the Purge Solenoid is open/closed and assuming the NVLD is closed to the breather (18).
Do you see any problem with doing this? Starting the test at the Service Port?

21961 - 21980 of 21999 Posts