Dodge SRT Forum banner

21921 - 21940 of 21999 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Get a smoker and find the leak, could be the solenoid too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Yeah, I've got work to do. I'll start with the gas cap. And move on the the other items described under Evaporative Emissions in the FSM starting starting on page 25-11.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah, I've got work to do. I'll start with the gas cap. And move on the the other items described under Evaporative Emissions in the FSM starting starting on page 25-11.
i got an evap smoker from ebay.. it was like 100 bucks. doesnt have a flowmeter but works like a charm. a solid visual inspection really helps find leaks though. stay away from dorman if you can.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
fucking bolt that holds the support strut to the turbofold was seized but good. finally snapped under load, attempting to remove it. That's fine; I'll drill out the remains and get a new bolt from my stash.

What are people putting on the high heat exposed bolts/nuts to prevent that from happening? I'm thinking my silver anti-seize isn't cutting it. Copper stuff, like they use on O2 sensors maybe?

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
i got an evap smoker from ebay.. it was like 100 bucks. doesnt have a flowmeter but works like a charm. a solid visual inspection really helps find leaks though. stay away from dorman if you can.

link? who doesn't want another tool in their collection? :D

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Question about the gas cap.
Should it be vented on not?
MP has a decent price on their lockable cap.
But it's apparently vented.
Wondering if vented would also trigger P0440 or other codes?

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
also, all the maxxfab parts are out.
time to research what they're worth.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
I know the O2->turbofold bolts are M8 1.25-20, but what material? MP doesn't sell 'em, and i'm thinking of replacing the ones I have if I can.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
fucking bolt that holds the support strut to the turbofold was seized but good. finally snapped under load, attempting to remove it. That's fine; I'll drill out the remains and get a new bolt from my stash.

What are people putting on the high heat exposed bolts/nuts to prevent that from happening? I'm thinking my silver anti-seize isn't cutting it. Copper stuff, like they use on O2 sensors maybe?
i use that stuff.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
diffuser is built.
need to yank the bumper off and drill some holes.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
I'm going to find every one of these little twits on the various social media platforms that claim their '4 is stock... with coilovers / fuel rail / axles / built motor / CAI... etc.... and slap them silly.

Got my grubby-little hands on some of the last OEM suspension parts before the discontinued-devil claimed them. What a nightmare getting them though. Pandemic shipping delays, coupled with a move, coupled with opening the box to find the wrong parts shipped.... ugh.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm going to find every one of these little twits on the various social media platforms that claim their '4 is stock... with coilovers / fuel rail / axles / built motor / CAI... etc.... and slap them silly.

Got my grubby-little hands on some of the last OEM suspension parts before the discontinued-devil claimed them. What a nightmare getting them though. Pandemic shipping delays, coupled with a move, coupled with opening the box to find the wrong parts shipped.... ugh.
what are you looking for?

i think i still have 2 complete suspensions in the barn.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
do yourself a favor and make some supports that go to the trunk floor. The diffuser cracked the paint on my bumper :(

got any suggestions/images/how-to's on how to make such things?

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
So I take it you never actually did it.
I was trying to find more info on the subject, and haven't found any wide spread reports of the diffuser causing what you say happened. Not saying it didn't, but is it an actual wide spread problem?

·
Registered
606 Posts
So I take it you never actually did it.
I was trying to find more info on the subject, and haven't found any wide spread reports of the diffuser causing what you say happened. Not saying it didn't, but is it an actual wide spread problem?
No idea about the bredth of the issue. I dont know how many people have diffusers, they are kindof a specialty item. but mine caused stress cracking in the bumpers paint from the weight of the diffuser flexing. my paint is original, but will have to be redone no that its spidered.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
14 Posts
Long story... I had the SRT flatbed towed to a dealership last October to have a dead battery replaced (in an effort to save money, I tried to remove the battery and just take it to the dealership for a swap but I lost a suspension bolt in my garage when I tried to remove the front strut brace- duh). I didn't think that it would be safe to drive the car without the bolt so I hired the tow company. The tow company ignored my pleas to use boards when unloading (car is lowered due to Mopar Performance coilovers) and scraped the underside of the front bumper when the car was dropped off. Rather than having the existing bumper refinished, I used the insurance settlement to buy an all-new front end (bumper, nostrils, grilles, fog light surrounds, headlights, assorted nuts and bolts), had the parts painted and installed at my favorite body shop. The existing bumper really could have been refinished without much trouble (very little curb rash) but I decided to use parts that I had stockpiled (and the few remaining new parts available for purchase while I could still get them) instead. I still have the OEM bumper here at the house, taking up my dining room.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
what are you looking for?

i think i still have 2 complete suspensions in the barn.

I've got what I need for now (rear suspension) thanks; but I'll likely be needing another set for the other car in the near future.

21921 - 21940 of 21999 Posts