Dodge SRT Forum banner

21881 - 21900 of 21922 Posts

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
soon as the latest credit card arrives, i'm ordering tires.
What are you buying? I finally have dedicated winters and a spare set of rims, so I can actually pull the trigger on real summer rubber. I'm rocking the OEM tire size though, so no Pilot Sport 4s for me :(

I have brand new Pilot Sport AS3+ on the SRT8, but have yet to drive on them (winter storage).

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Falken Azenis RT660's in 225/45R17 are on their way. :D

Here's hoping there's a bunch of track days I can attend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish I had some info for you, but every time I look into this the power tap worried me, because like you, I couldn't find any elaboration. Can it just take 12V? Is there some weird CANBUS adapter that comes into play? What will I melt if I do it wrong?

I also keep going back to the Grom Bluetooth module, but keep seeing horror stories about how they just stop working after a few months.

I am rocking an OEM deck, a vintage-2004 Dodge CD sleeve on my passenger sun visor, and the last stack of burnable CDs in my province. God help me if my music tastes change.
I feel kind of stupid now. The power plug is built into the harness, so, I just need to get the other end from the pick and pull, then splice that into the power (probably the lighter)... ive got the grom set up now, and I like it, I just want something that would be more oem like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I feel kind of stupid now. The power plug is built into the harness, so, I just need to get the other end from the pick and pull, then splice that into the power (probably the lighter)... ive got the grom set up now, and I like it, I just want something that would be more oem like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
once you get this all figured out, do us a favor and do a full writeup on it!

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
I wish I had some info for you, but every time I look into this the power tap worried me, because like you, I couldn't find any elaboration. Can it just take 12V? Is there some weird CANBUS adapter that comes into play? What will I melt if I do it wrong?

I also keep going back to the Grom Bluetooth module, but keep seeing horror stories about how they just stop working after a few months.

I am rocking an OEM deck, a vintage-2004 Dodge CD sleeve on my passenger sun visor, and the last stack of burnable CDs in my province. God help me if my music tastes change.
I've got two GROMs currently, one i just moved from the stratus to the jeep for the winter (like having it while plowing. tunes + bitching at the boss about dipshit clients :D) neither have had any problems what so ever. buy dates are 4/19 and 2/20. I do know it's got its preferred radio model to connect to.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
38 Posts
About to replace the rear lateral arms with MOOG Adjustable Arms along with dcr bolts
New Fuel Pump and Filter Assembly
Repainting OEM PVK soon at home then a wrap
redid my front brakes with a kit
Got new Federal SS-595 205/50RZ17's XL Tires that'll go on too

Only problem is the rear lateral bolts into the knuckle, I can get the frame ones out no problem, the rear knuckle bolts that hold the lateral arms on...a fucking nightmare, I'm gonna need to get a 12ton press or an acetylene torch from Lowes for them. They're so rusted and possible rust welded into the knuckles its insane that no amount of BFH hitting or torching or any of that works and its just bending the bolt ends.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Removed the snow tires and put the all seasons back on. It was barely worth doing the swap this year because I work from home and barely drive anymore. 😁

·
Registered
14,859 Posts
Doing LCA research. Trying to decide if I should just get the Real Tune bushings or go whole hog and get one of their full LCA setups. Billet looks pretty sweet...

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Doing LCA research. Trying to decide if I should just get the Real Tune bushings or go whole hog and get one of their full LCA setups. Billet looks pretty sweet...
had the tubular or billet (those really are sweet!) been readily available when i redid mine, i would have gone that route. Installing the bushings into the factory arms was a pain.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
I've got the realtune ones in right now. to be honest, I probably wouldn't have done them or the other ones from the scumbag who shall not be named, and just gone with solid poly.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Started preparing for the biennial SMOG test...again...every 2 yarns...
Ready for the SMOG test. Prep work seemed to go much easier this time.

Thinking of getting the Stage 3 injectors serviced since it's been 17 years since new.
Looking for recommendations here for a reliable company.
Would like them disassembled/cleaned/re-assembled/thoroughly tested.
Please let me know if you have actual experience with any particular company.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Ready for the SMOG test. Prep work seemed to go much easier this time.

Thinking of getting the Stage 3 injectors serviced since it's been 17 years since new.
Looking for recommendations here for a reliable company.
Would like them disassembled/cleaned/re-assembled/thoroughly tested.
Please let me know if you have actual experience with any particular company.
Thanks.
Injector Services

They did the ones from my wife’s car.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts

I sent a bunch off to them. they cleaned, re-screened, re-o-ringed, and flow tested them all.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts

I sent a bunch off to them. they cleaned, re-screened, re-o-ringed, and flow tested them all.
Thanks. Always great to get feedback from real Customers. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Replaced tie rod ends and then did the alignment with string and ruler. 😬
Pretty sure this was why the car pulled left (?) on acceleration on the highway, but still need to test...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
We passed the SMOG test.

But I am a little concerned about the several P0440 DTC's.
I cleared first P0440 with the Aeroforce.
But subsequent P0440's would not clear until battery disconnected and brake pedal pressed a few times.
And then no more reoccurrences.

I think I'll drive it for a couple of weeks as-is before upgrading to the S3R bits.
Hoping the P0440's are just the glitch I'd always thought it was when reverting to S0.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Made a 4th mount this weekend with some help from the girlfriends dad and his mill and lathe set up. Looking at it now, I should have counter sunk the threaded insert into the center mount spacer. But not bad for a day project
6673E0D6-EB35-40F7-B1A4-8C8EBFE9D86D.jpeg
63C0172E-3BDC-4F26-8255-DBE1FF50886A.jpeg
4679670D-C90F-4828-B269-858B8DA2E3CB.jpeg
B247EE43-62F5-42E1-93FC-3738430D86AE.jpeg
B9C27CB4-4195-4494-BF23-A888CC6F0E4A.jpeg
171BA2F0-8FE7-447B-800E-B9BBF7181860.jpeg
594FD204-E57B-4235-A34F-8E5756F1AC7F.jpeg
D525AB47-35D2-4961-8307-5E51158D5DA7.jpeg
535D9BAD-3F08-4AA5-A561-77A2CD34F69F.jpeg

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
got the wheels and tires assembled.
weather has gone to shit though, so haven't unpacked the car yet.

Reactions: srtmike04
21881 - 21900 of 21922 Posts