Dodge SRT Forum banner

21861 - 21875 of 21875 Posts

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Installed my MPX door panel brackets and pwerx front strut bar.
The door panel brackets fixed my loose door panel issue from someone snatching on the door too hard.
Strut bar was easy to install. I changed my mind on getting it powder coated (for now). I think I’m going to throw together a quick how to on the bar with pictures I took along the way. View attachment 146755
Excuse the messy engine bay, it’s a work in progress.

I have not yet driven it to see if I can feel a difference.
they still have the bracket that bolts to the cowl as well?
and good choice on ditching the powdercoating. mine started to fail after a year, and my car doesn't see rain. need to take it off one day and blast all the powdercoating off it.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
they still have the bracket that bolts to the cowl as well?
and good choice on ditching the powdercoating. mine started to fail after a year, and my car doesn't see rain. need to take it off one day and blast all the powdercoating off it.
Yep

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Nice job. So offset/90 degree drill necessary?
I think I could have done the job without it, but I did pick one up and used it for the install. Tomorrow I’ll throw together the how-to on how I did it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Installed my... pwerx front strut bar.
Strut bar was easy to install. I changed my mind on getting it powder coated (for now). I think I’m going to throw together a quick how to on the bar with pictures I took along the way.
You only mention the front Pwerks strut bar...

FYI: I noticed the greatest cornering improvement from the rear Pwerks strut bar.
I installed the front bar then test drove the car on the twisties, then installed the rear bar and again did the same route.
Other posters in the past also mentioned that the rear werks really helps.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
4,216 Posts

FYI: I noticed the greatest cornering improvement from the rear Pwerks strut bar.
I installed the front bar then test drove the car on the twisties, then installed the rear bar and again did the same route.
Same here. The front strut towers are pretty well braced with gussets so they don't move much at all if any. The rear tower struts aren't braced at all well and they can wiggle around a bit (which is why you can't fit a rear strut bar when one wheel is jacked up off the ground, for example).

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts

I have a speaker box in the way for installing a rear bar. Maybe one day I’ll get it...

with me having a bfmic and no crash bar, I figure any extra way of tying the front sides together should be noticeable.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Technically the bulbs are “cool white”. Makes the gauges blue while keeping the redline red.
Yep thats it. I couldnt remember the name of that color. Nice choice! Same im going with, I just love the stock green look. Those are the closest iv found. Any aftermarket is just not the same.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
I need to find an auto insurer with policies geared towards people who have more cars than drivers, that don't charge full rate on everything.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
I need to find an auto insurer with policies geared towards people who have more cars than drivers, that don't charge full rate on everything.
You just need to be old with no tickets and accidents.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
they look like they might be Cali only.

21861 - 21875 of 21875 Posts