Dodge SRT Forum banner

21841 - 21860 of 21875 Posts

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I'm finishing putting on my favorite suspension this week (I had it on my first SRT-4). Koni inserts, Mopar Stage 1 springs, Hotchkiss sways, realtune solid LCA bushings. I've had the springs and bushings for a while, but I've been a cheap slacker. I have all the parts and I'm off work until Nov 30th.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Speak of the devil- thanks again about the oil pump. What part of Arizona are you in? My wife's parents are in Sierra Vista down by the border. I was JUST mentioning about riding in a car with koni inserts.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I'm glad that worked. I would have hated to see you give up on it. I live in Tucson. Sierra Vista is a little over an hour away. It's a pretty small town with an army base, some border patrol peeps and that's about it.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
You forgot about your front axle CV boots, Joe.

With Joe's help, I boost leaked the car and installed an electric cutout. We found a leak on the intercooler pipe. Picked up almost a full psi on max boost. And the cutout, after adjusting the plate to allow for movement, works great. I do have an extra hole under my dash, though. Oops.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Yeah. Both axles were spraying grease, so that was fun. Got a local shop to put on some new boots. Suspension is sweet. I ordered two spare axles so I don't have this kind of hassle again. They got here Saturday.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Got an early Christmas present. 2 15x7 Rota Slipstreams. They will be my new drag rims.

PS. Any one want 2 15x6.5 rims?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Car almost left me high and dry on the way home. 99% sure it is not the alternator but a cable issue. They are severely corroded so I will be going up a couple sizes with copper lugs & marine wing nut style terminals.

Edit: I installed comically hyyuuggee 4 gauge wires going to starter and fender ground and 2 gauge wires on the chassis ground and fuse box. Car fired right up.
I delivered pizza for a bit in this car when I was broke.. I'm surprised the starter even works anymore. This car is on its original window regulators as well. Chevy couldn't dream of doing that.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Plenty of things in the works for the srt right now.

It’s a wonder this car hasn’t burned to the ground.....

fluids
  1. Changed the oil
  2. Topped off trans fluid (it leaks from an axle seal. To be replaced soon. Already have part)
  3. Topped off coolant (it leaks from the thermostat area. To be fixed soon. New thermostat and housing gasket arrived.)
Wiring
  1. fixed several wires which were installed many years ago before I knew how to solder. (Turbo timer is now properly installed, fog light mod removed, shift light removed.
  2. Began process of removing old faulty wideband and installing new x-series UEGO. Ran the new power/ground and cleaned up power/ground to the boost gauge. Still need to remove old sensor and wiring and install new sensor and sensor wiring
Lighting
  1. Replaced old gauge cluster leds with new ones from superbrightleds.com. Two of the old ones were out and a couple more would flicker from time to time. The new ones seem so much nicer!
    11857D02-F2A1-4331-909A-AA4C4BA784B1.jpeg

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Those LEDs look nice. Mine are kind of dim and the boost gauge one comes on and off. Do they come with the sockets?

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Those LEDs look nice. Mine are kind of dim and the boost gauge one comes on and off. Do they come with the sockets?
Thanks! Yes they did come with the sockets.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
My car somehow was missing an intake manifold bolt. I went ahead and replaced them all with nice looking titanium studs. Lots of stuff in the works for my car, just need to find the time when it isn't too cold to work on. (yes I live in the south and I'm complaining about the cold... I'm a bitch... haha)

Reactions: bzzt

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Got out there and worked on her yesterday.
Replaced old 180 degree thermostat with a new one, replaced original radiator hoses with silicon hoses, removed homemade thermostat housing spacer I no longer need, all new coolant.

Replaced the accessory tensioner which failed.
http://instagr.am/p/CJYsZNIHSRv/
Added new belt and now have power steering again.

·
Registered
14,833 Posts
Got my tires rotated and the lug nuts (purchased from Modern), that didn't work, replaced. And got my M&H slicks mounted on the new wider rims.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts

accurate depiction of me firing the parts cannon at the Sebring.
basically, everything involving the front suspension and steering (minus the actual rack) is getting replaced.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Finished up the install of the new AEM x-series uego. I was waiting on the silver bezel to come in. (That’s not included with the x-series gauges)

I also hard mounted my ram mounts phone mount.

Since GA went 100% hand free phone mounts are basically a necessity. Suction cups can’t take the heat and the air vents won’t even hold themselves up so this seemed like the best option. I have a very similar setup in our Tacoma and really like it.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
On go the snow tires, allowing my BF Goodriches to rest for the Winter.
Pre-covid I was driving about 150 miles per week. Since mid March it's more like 20 thanks to working from home (programmer). It's really prolonging the life of my srt-4 that has 189,700 miles on the odo! 😄

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Bro...
2005 Dodge Stratus. 4777 miles. $507 gas (down 587 miles $152)
2005 Chrysler Sebring. 6075 miles. $598 gas (down 11588 miles $1290)
2007 Jeep Liberty. 4137 miles. $451 gas (down 2436 miles $505)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought I had a bad turbo, found out the bolts on agps website didn't fit my (I'm guessing older style manifold) so looking to source 4 new bolts or studs to hold turbo down so I don't have an exhaust leak yay me once that can be completed car will be ready for tune

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Installed my MPX door panel brackets and pwerx front strut bar.
The door panel brackets fixed my loose door panel issue from someone snatching on the door too hard.
Strut bar was easy to install. I changed my mind on getting it powder coated (for now). I think I’m going to throw together a quick how to on the bar with pictures I took along the way.

Excuse the messy engine bay, it’s a work in progress.

I have not yet driven it to see if I can feel a difference.

21841 - 21860 of 21875 Posts