Dodge SRT Forum banner

21781 - 21784 of 21784 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been chasing coolant bleed issue for a couple of days, where my 04 with 174,xxx (155,155,151,155) comp test yieldings, seems to be giving me a hard time with bleeding. Its like my overflow isnt properly toping off the engine and naturally bleeding.

2k miles ago I replaced timing belt, water pump, every bearing and belt + alt, while I was there, all engine mounts with some torquey solutions, full complete silicone coolant hose installed, turbo doesnt leak or smoke, not loosing oil at all. Runs actually phenomenal!

I replaced the following items: OEM overflow, Motorad thermostat 195*, and OEM mopar radiator cap just a few days ago. Bleed all the air out with heater on. (Or so I thought) checked it this morning after putting on 50-100miles of fun last night, and I was missing a little coolant from under my cap. But my overflow is literally at full >.> before installing thermostat which I suspect is working just fine with no leaks in the entire engine bay, perhaps the fill tubes go bad and dont all proper fluid flow from overflow to coolant system?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Here's how I bleed mine. I fill it all the way, get the engine up to operating temp drive around the block. Let it completely cool. Add fluid until full. Drive like normal to work and back. Next morning add coolant before driving. done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Word! I actually do the same. I use the incline of my garage to position the air towards the front of the vehicle, as well. Right as I park it I turn heat all the way on too so that the heater core is fully bled as well. I believe this is my third top this morning, but it was just a tiny bit after several few more long drives, including highway speeds. I performed a long drive again today, so going to check it later on tonight as it cools down and reliefs pressure naturally.

I assume I shouldn't have to do this forever, though. I understand these cooling systems hold quite a bit of coolant to say the least. Its just strange that my overflow isn't getting lower..

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dropped the rear of the car by an additional inch this past weekend. The rake was a little extreme, so this leveled it out some. The BCs were previously maxed out in the rear, so this helped. The car now sits level from side to side, too. Gotta love the adjustability of coilovers.

21781 - 21784 of 21784 Posts