Dodge SRT Forum banner

21721 - 21740 of 21751 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Just installed lower control arm bushings on pass side. Had to burn them out, put in the ones from MP. Keep finding new leaks....ordered a valve cover seal kit from MP. Good Fun!
I'm hoping you now have the poly bushings on both sides... not just one side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not my daily, only had time to do one side. My wife likes to park in the garage. So yes right now only on one side, so that’s the faster side with more hp for now.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
ah ok... i remember when we did my poly bushings. It took a very long time. And we had a whole shop full of tools and the car on a lift....

I recently changed them out for the realtune solid bushings and will never go back!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just completed the drivers side control bushings, also replaced ball joint. After that installed some nitto 555s drags on the front . Also replaced the trans fluid while I had that side apart. Tried the 5w30 Mobil 1 high mileage. As soon as I got done it started raining. Test hit for another day!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Just completed the drivers side control bushings, also replaced ball joint. After that installed some nitto 555s drags on the front . Also replaced the trans fluid while I had that side apart. Tried the 5w30 Mobil 1 high mileage. As soon as I got done it started raining. Test hit for another day!
Yes, that was another reason why I went with the upgraded (Prothane) front LCA's from Modern,
they came with new ball joints and they even left the grease zerks on there instead of breaking them off like MOPAR did originally for some odd reason...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally got test hit, damn!!!! Pulls like a beast! Can almost go WOT in first. Don’t let your friends drive ur stuff. It’s painful!

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
I got the new clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and SS line installed. Bled it all and clutch system is back to new.
Upon starting the car I found a fuel leak at the rail. Decided to go ahead and change up the fuel system a bit to how I’ve been wanting it. I moved the fpr to the passenger side and reversed the fuel flow direction through the rail.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Isn’t that how it always goes. Work on one thing and find 2 more things to fix. It’s more fun though when it’s something you wanted to do anyway.
And it didn’t cost me anything to mod the fuel system because I already had all the fittings I needed from past setups. Just had to cut a couple lines and reinstall the fittings. I’ll be cleaning it up more once I take the bumper off later to get at the surge tank.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Isn’t that how it always goes. Work on one thing and find 2 more things to fix. It’s more fun though when it’s something you wanted to do anyway.
Yes, That's why I like to do my own work if I can. Big things like clutches and brakes and suspension that I can't go to my trusted friend James at Rio Vista Auto.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
AGP WG, AGP direct fit IC, ETS charge pipe, MPX dual exhaust, AGP hard pipes, Fuel return line, ID 1050X injectors. Depo black headlights with GTR Ultra 2 LED lamps, Depo fogs w/Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDs, Black Depo tails. Coming soon is Turbobay Stg4 BWS w/big neck manifold ceramic coated and fully billet trans. Realtune billet shaft and straight cut gears 1-4!!!! Just need to take it and have it built soon as my pwerks 3rd gear clip comes in.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
I wish i had a built transmission....

I attempted to test my new bluetooth RGBW led controller (for my demon eyes) before i start on doing the retrofit for my headlights and it doesn't work. So i ordered another one and i'll be returning this one...

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
I picked up the last of what i need for the retrofits yesterday (nuts, bolts, paint). I've seen online that heavy duty oven cleaner will strip the chrome right off of plastics. So i got some of that to try. A lot of people glue or epoxy the shrouds to the projects. i don't like that idea. The shrouds i got have bolt holes that line up perfectly with the holes in the projector (and the demon eyes, and the retrofit bracket), so i'm going to bolt it all together. I do have to drill out the holes a bit on the shrouds, but I've already done one and it'll work perfectly.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
I also fixed the MFS connector and added relays with the kit from kinnettic. The connection still worked but it was pretty wrecked. The kit from kinnettic was awesome

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon Srt 4 Stage 1
28 Posts
Just putt in my BC Coilovers! you can check me out at Jesus_Underestimated for IG and for youtube Jesus Underestimated !

21721 - 21740 of 21751 Posts