Dodge SRT Forum banner

21701 - 21720 of 21751 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Started MOPAR battery replacement effort.
Battery tray and hold-down corroded (acid leak?).
Had to pry off hold-down.
Cleaned off corrosion with wire brush.
Re-pained with Rustoleum (black)..

Noticed one of the Booger bushings on the tranny end was cracked.
No complaints, though, they've been on there since 2003 and no problems shifting.
Ordered some more from Modern Performance (the Amazon offerings seemed to be different sizes in the same kit!).
Waiting for them to arrive before installing new MOPAR battery.

They changed the MOPAR battery a little not that it should matter much:

REVISED SRT-4 BATTERY:
GRP Size 26R
FLOODED TYPE
PART NUMBER BB26R510AA
550 COLD CRANKING AMPS 46 AH
RC 85 MINS
:
ORIGINAL SRT-$ BATTERY:
GRP Size 26R
PART NUMBER BB26R510AA
510 COLD CRANKING AMPS
92 RESEVE CAPACITY (RC)

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Don't you need a lifting mechanism to make it easier to get the kayak up on the roof rack?
The boat I'm looking at weighs 75 lbs so the lifting mechanism will be my arms. 😁
Update: For 97 cents each at Walmart I bought these rail protectors. AKA pool noodles. :p

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
i decided while i'm replacing the clutch master cylinder i'd go ahead and replace the slave. The SS line must have been rubbing on something as its a little frayed in one spot, so i guess i'll replace it too. And because the fittings for the SS line have an odd o-ring on them, i'll replace them too....

All this to swap to the DCR pedal pivot... on well. 16 year old car is almost always going to be due for more parts...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed hurst short throw, new plugs, wires and coil all from MP. I have control arm bushings on the way, then gonna get it aligned and install some et streets and the wot box and see what I can break. My goal is to be in high 12’s.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Ordered the electric cutout from Needswings. Website said 1-2 weeks lead time. I ordered it last Monday. Got it Friday. Now I just need to install it.
i always liked the idea of these, though i never wanted to splurge for one. I just have the plate on my cutout i can crawl under and remove if i want to.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
They weren't as good at sealing up when closed back in the day, but I had one on my first srt4 with stock exhaust. Loud when I wanted it and quiet the rest of the time. I also have one right now on the Camaro and it is like stock almost when closed.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
i always liked the idea of these, though i never wanted to splurge for one. I just have the plate on my cutout i can crawl under and remove if i want to.
I'm getting kind of tired of crawling under my car. Plus, I want to be able to flex on some punk that revs on me on the street. Yes I'm totally a mature adult.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
I'm getting kind of tired of crawling under my car. Plus, I want to be able to flex on some punk that revs on me on the street. Yes I'm totally a mature adult.
haha i get it. I recently had my wastegate dump re-routed to dump up through the cowl panel. It is way louder now when it opens. I enjoy it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed lower control arm bushings on pass side. Had to burn them out, put in the ones from MP. Keep finding new leaks....ordered a valve cover seal kit from MP. Good Fun!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Just installed lower control arm bushings on pass side. Had to burn them out, put in the ones from MP. Keep finding new leaks....ordered a valve cover seal kit from MP. Good Fun!
I took the easy way out and went with the MP front control arms with the Prothane bushings already installed.
I also replaced the rear MannZ control arms (the heims seized because I didn't use anti-seize in 2004) with the MOPAR arms with Prothane bushings.
And had Rio Vista Auto install all of that.
What difference! My car was previously wandering all over the road, especially on our bad levee roads here in the delta.

21701 - 21720 of 21751 Posts