Dodge SRT Forum banner

21641 - 21660 of 21661 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
its possible they stopped putting them into plastic to save on waste in an effort to help the environment.... i cant imagine that would affect how well it filters oil.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Yes, but K&N is supposed to be a premium oil filter and the fact that it's now made in either Korea or Mexico seems to run contrary to that.
How well it filters oil is unknown to me but likely a function of the quality of the filter material and the internal design.

The NAPA Gold 1516 I bought today was made in the U.S.A. and cost $7.77 with tax.
The K&N HP2009 was made in Korea or Mexico and cost $18.41 with tax.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I know that every oil filter test/disassembly/inspection I've seen has placed the napa/wix filters at the very top, if not the top, of the list.
That's not to say someone else's filter might not be better, but I've never seen a report saying any are so significantly better as to justify paying more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting you mentioned this^^ Recently, I changed oil and picked up a Napa filter during the process. I had a new K&N as well from previous owner. (You never know, and would rather grab a new one for a peace of mind).

Any who, I inspected each closely. If you look at the actual flow holes of each filter next to each other, you'll notice a significant difference in hole size, and "total area". Flow appears to be much greater with Napa filters compared to K&N. Let alone the great test results yielding in quite decent filtration via the NAPA/Wix filter.

Today, I accidentally broke my fuel line at the 90* right at the fuel rail while lightly checking torque on my IM bolts. Luckily, autozone near my place had a GM/Chrysler repair kit in the same size. Built a fuel line with new connector from scratch. Shit, super cheap, and a rock solid line. I'm kind of glad it happened. lol

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
9 Posts
I rewired my fog lights and painted my bumper black bed liner, I like the bed liner look on cars. I also had to buy a brand new SPARCO Center Cap and re-installed all 4 of my center cars finally. Added Lug Nut Locks also. Also changed my Transmission Fluid to the infamous Mobil 1 High Mileage Synthetic 10w40 Engine Oil and honestly, it shifts and feels so much better. It runs smoothly and amazing.

Im finally setting up a date to install all my remaining parts. I just received my 1/2 Shift Fork, 3/4 Shift Fork, 3rd Gear (on its way), 3/4 Synchro, 1/3/5 Gear Extender, Input Shaft Bearing, Throw Out Bearing, New Belt's/Tensioner's and Water Pump assemblies. Front End Kit which includes new control arms, all new sway bar links, inner and outer tie rods, drum brake pads w/kit. I'll eventually be cutting and deleting my Stock Cat and welding on a Straight Pipe. I'm getting my rear coilovers in and rewiring a good chunk of my engine harness since I found some wires are heating up and sort of melting, such as my TPS Sensor Wire and also installing a brand new TPS Sensor.

After all these parts, I'll be focusing on rebuilding my engine Front and Bottom, re-painting the car and then eventually changing my stock turbo to a AGP Big Wheel Turbo. But thats after I pay off all my bills and credit cards and car parts. But for now, after these are installed, my car should finally be problem free and fixed completely.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Over the weekend, I threw on some sound deadening material (B-Quiet Ultimate) on all the doors, under the rear seat cushion, and the trunk. I'll do the floor area plus add some Luxury Liner Pro to help quiet the vehicle down even more whenever I have the time.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I might unpack it next week, just to drain the gas out of it completely, then pack it back up again.
I don't think it's coming out to play this year, what with the bullshit .gov is pulling and the lack of funds coming in to afford the parts I need.
First we had a shit winter (no snow, no money.) Now we have this obscene over reaction to a flu that's going to cripple the economy in a way that'll make the Great Depression look like a good time.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Good Morning America!
Isn't the price of gas coming down due to Suadi/Russia "oil war"?
I've not been out for a while to check gas prices but regardless, I'm going to fill up and go for a ride!
Nothing like blasting along on twisty country roads in the spring to make me feel good before reverting to the hermitage.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Good Morning America!
Isn't the price of gas coming down due to Suadi/Russia "oil war"?
I've not been out for a while to check gas prices but regardless, I'm going to fill up and go for a ride!
Nothing like blasting along on twisty country roads in the spring to make me feel good before reverting to the hermitage.
yes, i have seen it as low as $1.80 for regular here. I've been enjoying that!

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
$2.60 for 93 here in the Chicago suburbs. 👍
Won't be needing much the next couple weeks (at least) thanks to working from home during the "shelter-in-place" period.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
wonder if other areas are seeing people selling their cars for toilet paper yet.

21641 - 21660 of 21661 Posts