Dodge SRT Forum banner

21621 - 21640 of 21769 Posts

·
Administrator
39,115 Posts
Drilled rotors is dumb, slotted rotors for the street just wear the pads faster. Brand of pads means little, specific formulations are what's important.

I like carbotech pads, bobcat/1521 for the street and their xp line for the track. Their ax6 could be used as well but I haven't used them. I have used hawk hp+ and didn't like them. Hard on rotors, noisy, grabby, and switching to xp10/8 pads was a HUGE improvement in drivability. Reports also say the hps is a little more grabby than stock which makes people think they have more stopping power but they didn't hold up to harder use any better than stock.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
I found the Hawk HPS less than adequate for hard braking during autocross after I switched to E85. I believe I switched to a DTC pad up front. Squeals on the street some but great stopping power so far. Looking forward to trying them on a track day.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Found a 2006 GT Cruiser convertible stick in white locally for sale. It's at a scumbag used car dealer though. Going to go look at it tomorrow hopefully, but little to no hope rescuing it from the clutches of the evil bastards; they want way too much for it.

Reactions: bzzt

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
9 Posts
Deleted my sunroof finally, got that riveted on and replaced my interior with an SXT Headliner and Sun Visors. Also cut my Intake and replaced the 5 inch air filter with a SPECTRE 10 inch.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
I've thought about seeing if I couldn't design and build a fixture that holds the sunroof glass in place and deletes the mechanism. Then cut the appropriate opening in a non-sunroof liner to make a permanent glass roof. I'd get the best of both worlds then... sunlight coming in and the ability to wear a helmet without rubbing the roof :D

Reactions: bzzt

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
9 Posts
I've thought about seeing if I couldn't design and build a fixture that holds the sunroof glass in place and deletes the mechanism. Then cut the appropriate opening in a non-sunroof liner to make a permanent glass roof. I'd get the best of both worlds then... sunlight coming in and the ability to wear a helmet without rubbing the roof :D
The Panel Delete was actually fairly easy to install, albeit I fucked up a few holes and made it a little cricked, but its barely noticeable and doesn't leak.I thought about doing just that too and deleting my mechanism or even putting in an aftermarket sunroof, but this was a cheaper option and honestly it looks pretty.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
pics? and where'd you get the kit, if it is a kit.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
I found the Hawk HPS less than adequate for hard braking during autocross after I switched to E85. I believe I switched to a DTC pad up front. Squeals on the street some but great stopping power so far. Looking forward to trying them on a track day.
They are actually HT10 pads up front now.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
I ran HT10's at a couple road course events.
Good GOD they will pull your teeth out with how hard they bite. They are, however, deadly to rotors. Good thing i followed howard's advice on that; got a bunch of sets of take-off rotors from people for free, and would just toss rotors after a day's event.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
9 Posts
pics? and where'd you get the kit, if it is a kit.
Definitely! Once the weather clears up here I'll get some Interior and Exterior Pics! The weather should clear the day I install my Short Throw and a few other things too. I got the kit off of LRB Speed. Search up "LRB Speed Custom Aluminum Sunroof Delete Panel." Essentially you measure your own sunroof, send them the dimensions and they'll send an aluminum piece with 30 - 40 rivets and a drill bit.

·
Registered
2004 SRT 4
7 Posts
Well if it counts i just picked up a srt4 so the first thing ill be doing is getting plates lol and btw hi im new

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Well if it counts i just picked up a srt4 so the first thing ill be doing is getting plates lol and btw hi im new
Welcome to the SRT-4 community. There is a section on these forums for newcomers to introduce themselves. If you havent already, go there and show us what you've got.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
I ran HT10's at a couple road course events.
Good GOD they will pull your teeth out with how hard they bite. They are, however, deadly to rotors. Good thing i followed howard's advice on that; got a bunch of sets of take-off rotors from people for free, and would just toss rotors after a day's event.
That's a good idea.

First night time drag race they guy I made one run against said I was throwing sparks off of my rotors at the end of the run.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
9 Posts
Installed my Hurst Short Throw Shifter and repainted my center console Galaxy Blue. The shifter and the smooth feeling is just out of this world. Now its time to replace my 3/4 Synchro and Input Shaft Bearing along with my Shift Forks and add a 1/3/5 Gear Extender then put a new Clutch Bearing on.

I also have two new fog lights and fog light connectors/wiring that I have to add since the original owner cut off the Left Sided Wiring. A whole new Belt and Tensioner Assembly both Timing and PS/AC and a Plastic Belt Splash Shield.

About to also try the recommended 10w40 High Mileage Synthetic Oil for my Transmission, I have a friend who runs it and says it works perfect, maybe even better. I'm gonna give it a try, wont hurt to try.

The cream of the cake is my new Bumper Emblem, I'm excited for that.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Bought a K&N HP2009 oil filter for my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 the other day.
Should have checked the box contents before I left O'Reiley.

When I opened the box at home I was shocked.
There was no plastic film covering the rubber gasket.
This has always been there since I started using K&N HP2009 oil filters in 2003.
There were also some faint striations on the mating surface of the rubber gasket.

Today I went back to O'Reiley to exchange my HP2009 for a new, pristine one with the plastic film.
The replacement didn't have the plastic film either and neither did any of the other HP2009's they had received yesterday.

I asked for a refund.

Research (from Amazon) indicates K&N has outsourced the manufacture of their HP2009 oil filters to Korea and/or Mexico.
Evidently, the quality of the ones made in Mexico or Korea is not as good as the ones made in the USA.

Looking for alternatives.
Research indicates Mobil 1 M1-209 Extended Performance Oil Filter and the NAPA Gold FIL 1516 are decent.
Wicks also comes to mind also, from previous discussions on this forum.
But I've no experience with any of those...

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
napa gold 1516 / wix 51516 is all I've used for almost 2 decades.
and I get them as master packs off ebay. saves a few bucks.

when you have 6 cars to service, all of them chryslers, and all of them using 1 of 2 filters (1516 and 1085) it makes it pretty easy to keep them in stock. :D

Reactions: Simon.Starkie

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
napa gold 1516 / wix 51516 is all I've used for almost 2 decades.
and I get them as master packs off ebay. saves a few bucks.

when you have 6 cars to service, all of them chryslers, and all of them using 1 of 2 filters (1516 and 1085) it makes it pretty easy to keep them in stock. :D
Thanks for the good information. Appreciate it.
We have a NAPA store in Rio Vista, CA with a population less than 10K and hometown of Crag Breedlove (look it up and be amazed).
So I'll go there.
I prefer to shop locally if possible rather than resort to big bad Amazon!
Even if it does cost a wee bit more.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Received an Email from K&N support this morning with an answer to my origin of manufacture question.
They didn't say where their oil filters are manufactured but they did say:
"Thank you for contacting K&N Engineering. Our filters are still manufactured to meet or exceed OEM Specifications, we just no longer package our filters with the plastic wrap.".
Wonder what else they changed?
Yeah, I think it's time to try something else.

21621 - 21640 of 21769 Posts