Dodge SRT Forum banner

21561 - 21579 of 21579 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Car stranded me a couple of weekends ago. i knew it was something fuel related. I got time to work on it over the weekend. The rear (in-tank) fuel pump barely has any flow coming out of it. it's less than 6 months old. New replacement should be here today. While i was working on it, i went ahead and replaced the power steering pressure sensor. When i unplugged the connector, the atf started dripping out through the sensor! I also went ahead and upgraded the engine grounds and changed out the headlight bulbs for LEDs, and the front turn signals for switchback LEDs. I'm trying to reduce the current draw on the charging system. Since i'm now running the small battery, my lights dim alot when the bass hits on the stereo. I also bought a 3M headlight resto kit, which i'll try my hand at one day this week.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
So you are ready for Showdown this Sunday!!
Mostly! I have a few other minor things I want to take care of before Saturday. We are planning a large caravan that’s starting around Atlanta and I plan to tag a long with them on the way down Saturday

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I inspected my transmission mount because I never had before, and my car still pulls left when accelerating. Looks ok to me...

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I managed to spring a leak in my A/C system somewhere. I rarely ever use the A/C, but it would have been nice to have last sunday at the SRT4 Showdown.... I hooked my gauge to the system and confirmed it was at 0psi. I pumped it up to around 10psi and could hear the leak. I havent taken the time to try to see where the leak is coming from.

I have debated just removing the system all together. And depending on how expensive the fix is, i may just do that instead. I really want to clean up the engine bay of all the extra crap i dont need...

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I managed to spring a leak in my A/C system somewhere. I rarely ever use the A/C, but it would have been nice to have last sunday at the SRT4 Showdown.... I hooked my gauge to the system and confirmed it was at 0psi. I pumped it up to around 10psi and could hear the leak. I havent taken the time to try to see where the leak is coming from.

I have debated just removing the system all together. And depending on how expensive the fix is, i may just do that instead. I really want to clean up the engine bay of all the extra crap i dont need...
First place I'd look is the Schrader valve. It would be about a $3 fix (mine was leaking a few years ago)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Ive never worked on A/C systems before other than checking the pressure and adding as needed. Do you remember where you got the parts you needed before?

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Ive never worked on A/C systems before other than checking the pressure and adding as needed. Do you remember where you got the parts you needed before?
I think I got mine at O-Reilley's but it's a very common, generic part so you can probably get one anywhere. Can't remember what tool I used. I probably had the little tool used to take the valve out of a tire...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
PT's tucked in for the winter. SRT8's still plated, but I've been enjoying driving a fully-functional, working, no-idiot-lights, no-issue SRT-4 so it hasn't moved in about three weeks.

Picked up a new 2k Thinkware front+rear dashcam to replace my front-only model for the '4. Already caught several people doing stupid things. Will pick one up for the 300 in the spring.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
The lower 9 grid lines on my rear defogger work but the upper 10 don't. I need to get a repair kit but it's not even obvious where the breaks are in the lines. Anyone have tips on this?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
If you know of someone that has a diagnostic thermal imager (SnapOn makes a nice one) that might help ya troubleshoot quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
The lower 9 grid lines on my rear defogger work but the upper 10 don't. I need to get a repair kit but it's not even obvious where the breaks are in the lines. Anyone have tips on this?
as long as i've had the car i've had one in the middle no work when all the rest do...

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I guess the upper half of mine being out doesn't matter much since I wouldn't be able to see through the wing anyway. 😄

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello well fairly new to the 4 gang I previously had a srt8 N/A now this car has been giving me a challenge just put a act clutch and new transmission because the old broke from the input shaft. Since I got it all I driven it has been from the house to shop daily. I'm only peeking at 5 psi and cant find the problem no leaks have been found so I'm worried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello well fairly new to the 4 gang I previously had a srt8 N/A now this car has been giving me a challenge just put a act clutch and new transmission because the old broke from the input shaft. Since I got it all I driven it has been from the house to shop daily. I'm only peeking at 5 psi and cant find the problem no leaks have been found so I'm worried.
I've literally read all the post about leak and only boosting at 5 to 7 psi checked the wastegate I'm pretty much stressed and cant seem to find nothing out of the ordinary

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Took the laptop out to the car yesterday to play with the dsp, wotbox, and boost box. I haven’t messed with any of these things in years.
Wotbox seemed normal. It updated to new firmware. All cool.

boostbox seemed to have lost its memory somewhere along the way. I had to redo all the settings. Hopping that’ll fix a couple issues I’ve been having.
Dsp... I hook to it and try to load the dataviewer software and get stuck here.
It never does anything once it gets to 100%.
Any suggestions?

21561 - 21579 of 21579 Posts