Dodge SRT Forum banner

21541 - 21547 of 21547 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
Uninstalled the old and not working PTP fuel pump rewire (i have no idea why it stoped working... doesnt make sense. In a pintch i had swapped back to the OEM plug, but hadnt gotten around to swapping the pins back for the fuel gauge.). Installed the Kinetic rewire. The quality and craftsmenship if the kinetic part is WAY above and beyond the PTP... not too surprising. Now my fuel pump works through the re-wire, AND the fuel gauge works! no more CEL for that. Been getting a CEL for the power steering pressure sensor.. i'll get on that soon.

While i was at it, i went ahead and rewired my front pump too. When i originally installed the surge tank and bosch 044 pump up front i placed the fuse and relay in an easy spot, but it was never really convienent, because it was behind the bumper. I moved the relay to the firewall and wired it to the alternator instead of the battery. Much easier to get to if i need to in a hurry.

·
Registered
14,687 Posts
So I took the car to work Friday. Confused a coworker when I tried my 2-step in the parking lot at work. It didn't. Went by Autozone to get a new passenger side windshield wiper. Tried the 2-step again. Didn't work. Pulled out the the box and messed with the connector. Car dies. Hmmm. Started the car back up and tried the 2-step, again. Worked. Ok...

Sunday I pulled off the door card and took a look around the door. Nothing obvious to me stuck out. Put it back together and ordered a new switch from Rockauto. Pretty cheap. worth a try. But I'm not thinking it will work.

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
So I took the car to work Friday. Confused a coworker when I tried my 2-step in the parking lot at work. It didn't. Went by Autozone to get a new passenger side windshield wiper. Tried the 2-step again. Didn't work. Pulled out the the box and messed with the connector. Car dies. Hmmm. Started the car back up and tried the 2-step, again. Worked. Ok...

Sunday I pulled off the door card and took a look around the door. Nothing obvious to me stuck out. Put it back together and ordered a new switch from Rockauto. Pretty cheap. worth a try. But I'm not thinking it will work.
I noticed the other day my 2-step (boost box) doesnt seem to be working either. I havent really looked into it. Also, not sure if my wot box is working either (havent tried it). Both are lit up, so i know theyre powered.

EDIT after posting that and thinking about it, i cant remember if the 2-step comes from the wot box, or the boost box. it has been so long since i messed with either...

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
I don't have a boost box, so I'm guessing your WOT box. And I know the WOT portion is still working from my runs down the track.
after playing with my car more, the 2-step and wot features are working as they should.

21541 - 21547 of 21547 Posts
About this Discussion
21.5K Replies
1.4K Participants
gump1114
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing