Dodge SRT Forum banner

21541 - 21560 of 21588 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Uninstalled the old and not working PTP fuel pump rewire (i have no idea why it stoped working... doesnt make sense. In a pintch i had swapped back to the OEM plug, but hadnt gotten around to swapping the pins back for the fuel gauge.). Installed the Kinetic rewire. The quality and craftsmenship if the kinetic part is WAY above and beyond the PTP... not too surprising. Now my fuel pump works through the re-wire, AND the fuel gauge works! no more CEL for that. Been getting a CEL for the power steering pressure sensor.. i'll get on that soon.

While i was at it, i went ahead and rewired my front pump too. When i originally installed the surge tank and bosch 044 pump up front i placed the fuse and relay in an easy spot, but it was never really convienent, because it was behind the bumper. I moved the relay to the firewall and wired it to the alternator instead of the battery. Much easier to get to if i need to in a hurry.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
So I took the car to work Friday. Confused a coworker when I tried my 2-step in the parking lot at work. It didn't. Went by Autozone to get a new passenger side windshield wiper. Tried the 2-step again. Didn't work. Pulled out the the box and messed with the connector. Car dies. Hmmm. Started the car back up and tried the 2-step, again. Worked. Ok...

Sunday I pulled off the door card and took a look around the door. Nothing obvious to me stuck out. Put it back together and ordered a new switch from Rockauto. Pretty cheap. worth a try. But I'm not thinking it will work.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
So I took the car to work Friday. Confused a coworker when I tried my 2-step in the parking lot at work. It didn't. Went by Autozone to get a new passenger side windshield wiper. Tried the 2-step again. Didn't work. Pulled out the the box and messed with the connector. Car dies. Hmmm. Started the car back up and tried the 2-step, again. Worked. Ok...

Sunday I pulled off the door card and took a look around the door. Nothing obvious to me stuck out. Put it back together and ordered a new switch from Rockauto. Pretty cheap. worth a try. But I'm not thinking it will work.
I noticed the other day my 2-step (boost box) doesnt seem to be working either. I havent really looked into it. Also, not sure if my wot box is working either (havent tried it). Both are lit up, so i know theyre powered.

EDIT after posting that and thinking about it, i cant remember if the 2-step comes from the wot box, or the boost box. it has been so long since i messed with either...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I don't have a boost box, so I'm guessing your WOT box. And I know the WOT portion is still working from my runs down the track.
after playing with my car more, the 2-step and wot features are working as they should.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Put new trim along my side windows to cover the cracking rubber. Also the existing faded white plastic was restored to black with my heat gun...

After:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Having Nigel install a big FMIC and 1650C injectors. He'll be doing a new custom E85 tune. A new FWD Performance head is going on after valve failure ruined my old one.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Took the silver '4 in to have the shift fork replaced and the clutch / everything else examined since my 1st and reverse gear engagements kept getting worse.

Looks like the previous owner / dealership decided to only replace the clutch at 120k, not the pivot ball, shift fork, or importantly, the throwout bearing. The shift fork had normal wear, but look at this insanity:

That WAS a perfectly good clutch with only 40,000 kms on it.Infuriates me to no end.

Also, they must have dropped two of the bolts holding the transmission cover on, since they just grabbed two random bolts with a different thread pattern, and forced them in. Re-tapping those was an unexpected diversion.

Car shifts like butter now. Also swapped on the PT GT rims + Conti DWS for winter last night.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
... and then the power steering pressure sensor blew. Drip, drip, drip goes the ATF+, P0551 goes the codes. Sigh, fixed that too.

It just never ends, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
... and then the power steering pressure sensor blew. Drip, drip, drip goes the ATF+, P0551 goes the codes. Sigh, fixed that too.

It just never ends, doesn't it?
ive been getting that code too since i got my car running. I have the sensor, i just havent replaced it yet. Also, randomly getting a code for low oil pressure. i got a new sensor for that too as i dont believe i actually have low oil pressure. need to install that too...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
ive been getting that code too since i got my car running. I have the sensor, i just havent replaced it yet. Also, randomly getting a code for low oil pressure. i got a new sensor for that too as i dont believe i actually have low oil pressure. need to install that too...
I've been getting the intermittent oil code for going on 3 years now. It's a non-Mopar sensor in there. No leaks, plug is fine. It's just because it's a non-OEM sensor. I have just never gotten around to it - changing the oil, and changing the sensor at the same time. An ignition cycle makes the idiot light go away. #disclaimer - your experience may vary from mine.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Minor safety critique, if the wastegate leaks and doesn't stay sealed, such as normal operation when trying to keep boost at lower levels, you'll be dumping exhaust gas into the area where the windshield meets the hood. This is normally an area for low or negative pressure, and it's likely the cabin air into in the cowl with pull exhaust fumes into the car. You could easily have problems with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Just for example, the Ford Explorer police interceptors had a small, couple square inch rubber flap/drain seal that Ford's supplier left off on most tailgate assemblies. Because there's an area of low pressure behind the bumper when moving and stagnant air when parked, exhaust would leak through these tiny holes and a couple other small places into the cabin. It was enough of a problem that a few officers from a large department experienced brain damage and were medically retired.

You'll leaking exhaust right in the path where fresh air continually comes into the car, through the cabin ventilation, even if the fan isn't running and you have the climate controls on recirculation.

If you have no windows, it's a track-only car that only runs for a quarter-mile at a time you may be ok but would want to seal off the cowl air intake. Also in that case, don't be surprised if the plastic cowl melts. You left some room around it but it will likely get very hot dumping exhaust gas right off the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I appreciate the concerns. I almost always have my windows down, even in the middle of summer (in GA). I don’t typically drive the car long distance and never sit with it ldling. The couple of times I’ve boosted enough to here the wastegate open, I could smell it, but again, the windows were down... hopefully that won’t become an issue, but I’ll keep it in mind and consider flipping to recirculating

·
Registered
11,924 Posts
C/V boot hunting.
think i found the part #s needed, but if anyone knows them (mopar, moog, empi, etc.) please pass them along before I drop cash.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
I'm not even sure if you can get Mopar OEM-equivalent boots and I can't comment on aftermarket. If you don't want to risk ordering one from a part store and getting a cheap piece of garbage, you might see if there are any axle or transmission shops in your area and see if they have anything nice. Usually they can source something of decent quality if they don't want to have a warranty return.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
With Joe's help I managed to replace the bad passenger side widow motor. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. Should have done the driver's side myself. Instead the stealership managed to mess it up and now the control on the driver's side is backward. Oh well.

21541 - 21560 of 21588 Posts