Dodge SRT Forum banner

21521 - 21540 of 21543 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oil change, boost leak test. Changed the spark plugs. Disassembled my boost leak tester to do a how-to write up.

Rolled the wife's Slobalt SS out of the garage so the SRT-4 wouldn't be bothered by it's presence.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Cleaned the terminals in that big connector in the driver side door by the hinges. Bad connection was affecting the lock switch and passenger power window.
I also adjusted my alignment so I have a slight tow in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've recently added new step 2 colder NGK iridium Spark plugs, thicker plug wires, new passenger side CV axel, new passenger side wheel bearing and hub, an oil change and about to do a second oil change since the 3 weeks of owning it today 😅 need to add my DCR magnetic drain plug.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey guys I haven't posted in a long time. Original owner with 72k miles currently, still have my car that I use for summers only now. Was getting very hard to shift the trans and it's been needing some other maintenance that I've been putting off until now. Took me several days taking my time:

New ACT HDSS clutch/flywheel/ARP bolts
DCR steel pivot ball and modified fork (my stock fork was completely worn down)
DCR clutch pedal push rod
DCR complete hydraulic clutch kit
I decided to replace the axle seals/rear main seal with OEM parts while I had the trans removed
I replaced the booger bushings I installed 14 years ago since they fell apart when I separated the shifter cables with the new DCR shifter bushings.
I also installed new DCR dogbone motor mounts and trans mount (I filled the 4th mount with window weld back when I did the timing belt service). You really feel the engine more now compared to the poly mount inserts I had before.
It also looked like my oil pan gasket had a seep, so I replaced that with an OEM one as well.
I added Mopar ATF+4 without the modifier now so we will see how that does
Shifts like a dream now.

Next up: New fuel pump that can support a big turbo. Looking at the DCR modified Walbro 450LPH. After that then it will get a big turbo installed over the winter. Still researching my options for that as well.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Changed the oil :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Worked on the suspension some. Drove it out of town for some corporate meetings, blew a heater hose on the way back to the hotel. Tomorrow morning I have to work on convincing O'REILLY to deliver the hose to my hotel using my commercial account. lol.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be "got heater hose replaced, filled coolant, test drove, all is well!" and not "walked 5 miles to the O'Reilly and got the hose" haha.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Worked on the suspension some. Drove it out of town for some corporate meetings, blew a heater hose on the way back to the hotel. Tomorrow morning I have to work on convincing O'REILLY to deliver the hose to my hotel using my commercial account. lol.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be "got heater hose replaced, filled coolant, test drove, all is well!" and not "walked 5 miles to the O'Reilly and got the hose" haha.
you could always uber there and back.... 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Saturday was the 1st club drag race after the summer break. Got the car set up and tech'd. Checked my 2-step... didn't work. Try again... nope. Ok, I go thru the set up of the 2-step and WOT delay. Still doesn't work. What the hell?!? For shits and grins I disengage the parking brake. 2-step works. Alrighty then. In comes the rain. I roll up my windows and wait it out. Not a lot, and not very long. After an hour delay the track goes hot and the Nitro funny cars blast down the track. I check my tire pressures again because of the significant change in ambient air temperature. Both tires are low, so I over fill them so I can bleed them in staging before my 1st qual run. This means rolling the windows down again (foreshadowing).

We get the call. I head to staging, lower my tire pressures and throw on my helmet. When I get signalled to head to the water box. I roll up windows. Well, I roll up the driver's window. The passenger window refused to move. Panic! I gesture to the staging lane steward and tell him about the window. He gamely starts to help getting the window up. A couple other guys jog over to assist and he manages to get the window up to about a half inch gap. He sends me down the track like that. And of course the 2-step didn't work in the water box or at the beams. Just great.

Back in the pits I manage to get the window up enough to look like it's closed from the inside. 2-step was still hit or miss. WOT function works though. 2-step worked when it mattered. Too bad i wasn't driver enough to win. Lost in the 1st round to my nemesis.

But now I've got to get my window fixed. Fortunately most of the monsoon weather is behind us. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Wasn't the last window problem the switch (driver's side)? Mine was the whole regulator on the driver's side. We should go through the wiring on the two-step. It was all soldered, but who knows what's happened over the years.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Got new tires installed on the rear... They were supposed to go on the front... but the tires i had in the rear were worse off than i originally thought, so i'm still riding on the DRs up front. Ordered 2 more tires for the front, but of course the ones i had order that are now on the rear are no longer avaliable, so the tires wont match. Not a big deal to me, just a little annoying. Its been so many years since i ran stock wheels... I am putting 215/50 tires on there and it fills the wheel well so much better than the 205/50 did. Really want to put some spacers on there though, i dont like how not-flush they are.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Wasn't the last window problem the switch (driver's side)? Mine was the whole regulator on the driver's side. We should go through the wiring on the two-step. It was all soldered, but who knows what's happened over the years.
I replaced the driver's side regulator switch, but the regulator ended up going out on me later.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Bummer. It's regulator repair time. It was an easy swap, but I did forget to put the connector back on the unlock switch and had to take it back apart again, doh!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Added an AEM AFR and replaced the turbo drain tube. looks like I was blowing oil under the car for a few days.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
Got it aligned, stuck the stock/OEM wheels and tires on it and am starting to prep it for storage for the winter.
Researching guages; finally just going to shit and get off the pot with getting them done; no more failing ProSport crap, and no more triple pillar pod.
Hopefully spending a lot of time under it this winter, cleaning and fixing up everything.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

Refreshed my transmission with all synchrotech carbon synchros/blocker rings and a billet 3/4 shift fork plus a new 1/2 shift fork. It was time; over 240k on the original gear set (minus a billet input shaft)

21521 - 21540 of 21543 Posts
About this Discussion
21.5K Replies
1.4K Participants
JmalB
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing