Dodge SRT Forum banner

21501 - 21520 of 21579 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ugh the spark plug? Thats no good. Ticking time bomb. Might be fine on stock turbo power levels but ive known them failing with a couple guys making 330hp ish

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Installed new intake gasket. Piece of cake! (And found that there is a "right" way to face it or the holes won't line up. LOL)

Here's the state of the old one...

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Glad to hear you solved the problem, assuming it's back to normal now.
When my IM gasket blew, it sounded like a tea kettle.
The replacement Hondata gasket is still working fine since 2010.
Oh yes, she purs like a kitten now. Ok an angry kitten.
Mine didn't whistle. It just ran rough and had low boost / high idle.
I bought the FEL-PRO one from Autozone for $9 (came with intake & exhaust). The old one lasted 6 years or so. It was part of a gasket set used when I installed new pistons, rings, etc

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Not sure I understand. You mean a ball bearing shifter bushing? I have solid ones in there now. Where'd you find a ball bearing replacement?
It used to be super common. The ball bearings are from a skateboard or something. I have some in mine. I’ll see if I can locate the how-to.

Btw I dropped my car off today at my buddies house to get my cowl exit wastegate dump tube fabbed. I’ll post pics when it’s done.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I installed Stoptech rotors and street pads in my car. Then the driver's side caliper seized on me. Lots of heat and mild discoloration from the rotor (not shown in picture). Hopefully I didn't warp it.

I think I'm going to replace the front calipers. They have a lot of miles on them and they're probably all dried up inside.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It used to be super common. The ball bearings are from a skateboard or something. I have some in mine. I’ll see if I can locate the how-to.

Btw I dropped my car off today at my buddies house to get my cowl exit wastegate dump tube fabbed. I’ll post pics when it’s done.
yeeeesh i know its your car and you can do whatever you want, but why cut up the cowl? Can’t you dump it under the car? I totally get some setups when there’s absolutely no room. Plenty of room under these cars. 9 second cars look almost stock. I don't see the need to be obnoxious lmao. I’ll put down my haterade now 😂

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
yeeeesh i know its your car and you can do whatever you want, but why cut up the cowl? Can’t you dump it under the car? I totally get some setups when there’s absolutely no room. Plenty of room under these cars. 9 second cars look almost stock. I don't see the need to be obnoxious lmao. I’ll put down my haterade now 😂
I have PB dumping under the car both times I redid the exhaust downpipe. New larger Wg now and it is pretty loud even under there at full boost, Ouch can't imagine how loud it will be up by the windshield.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I have PB dumping under the car both times I redid the exhaust downpipe. New larger Wg now and it is pretty loud even under there at full boost, Ouch can't imagine how loud it will be up by the windshield.
I've had my AGP turbo kit for.... 11 years now, with the wastegate dumping under the car. Somehow, somewhere along the way that dump tube that came with the kit broke and fell off (i'm sure that was interesting to see for whatever car might have been behind me when it happened).... Which is the reasoning for getting a new dump tube in the first place.

as for why i'm doing it out through the cowl...I like the look, and wanted to change it up a bit. If i hate it, i can always change it back later down the road. This car is turning into more of a play thing, rather than a daily driver.

As for the added noise... I guess with how loud my exhaust is (straight pipe to a single (fart can) muffler out the back, i've never really been able to hear when the wastegate opens. So i cant really see this being much, if any, worse. Thankfully cops in my area dont care about how loud cars are and we dont have any sort of emissions testing. I've ridden around for weeks with my downpipe dump open and never had issues with cops caring about the noise.

21501 - 21520 of 21579 Posts