Dodge SRT Forum banner

21441 - 21460 of 21589 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My level sensor went all wacky with e85. Haven’t ran real gas in it in a long time. Now it works again. Needle at the full mark when tank is full. Weird.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
I threw the pump assembly in last night and got the tank put back up under there. The pump works and the gauge seems to be reading right. A couple of the o-rings on some of my AN fittings broke when i took them off and i didnt have any replacements at home. I'll get some today and should be able to start the car up this evening with fresh gas. I also installed my new K&N filter (i run a filter straight on the turbo).

All thats left now is to replace the axle seal that is leaking and i should be good to go.

I want to polish up the intercooler too, but i'm dreading it... lol

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Upper radiator hose sprung a leak.
The one I got from AutoZone doesn't have the extra little bend at the passenger side end but seems ok.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Still haven’t replaced the axle seal, but I got her together enough to get her out to a local car meet. She hasn’t had a bath in over 3 years, but she didn’t look half bad. Bumper still not on because I want to polish the intercooler.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

Little speedo action yesterday. We've been having beautiful weather lately which is rare for the Midwest. It's a great feeling when your car is running 100% and you know it's all by your hand. Local shop (criminal) took me for a ride and ruined my previous motor when I outsourced some work due to time and space constraints so I had to redo the WHOLE CAR over last winter in my garage.

I'm still impressed with how well this setup breathes to perform like it does on low octane fuel. Tubular manifold and a good cylinder head really change the way these cars make power. It's like a Honda with torque now....instead of a 4 cylinder diesel engine lmao

·
Registered
717 Posts
Still haven’t replaced the axle seal, but I got her together enough to get her out to a local car meet. She hasn’t had a bath in over 3 years, but she didn’t look half bad. Bumper still not on because I want to polish the intercooler.
Oh man. This whole time I thought your sig pic was a glowing brake rotor. The orange rim makes so much more sense.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Oh man. This whole time I thought your sig pic was a glowing brake rotor. The orange rim makes so much more sense.
haha... that would be kinda neat to see... except that picture in my sig is on a drag strip. The orange/black wheels are my steelies for my drag radials.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Last night I think I blew the coolant return line behind the turbo. Anyone else ever replaced this line before? It seems impossible to get to. I can find a couple of horror stories about it from searching, but no real how-to.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Last night I think I blew the coolant return line behind the turbo. Anyone else ever replaced this line before? It seems impossible to get to. I can find a couple of horror stories about it from searching, but no real how-to.
I have a certain socket set specifically for doing this job. 16mm and the socket set I have for it is super low profile!

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I did it but several years ago. The key is patience and take your time, you'll get it.

Remove and or move things out of the way so you can get to said line.

Use new washers under the banjo bolt. That bolt doesn't need to be gorilla tight. 27 foot pounds I believe.

Modern should have all the stuff you need.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you talking about the line the goes into the block? I replace mine. It is a nightmare. It can be done. I had a helper. I loosened the heat shields to move them out of the way. The line attached to the block needs two wrenches because there are two nuts. I almost gave up. I had replace every coolant line except that one. Good luck

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yeah, it's the one that goes in the block. None of my 16mm wrenches fit on the top fitting and I haven't even tried getting to the fittings in the block yet. Looks like I'm going to have to remove the PS cooler at a minimum to get to it. What a bitch.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
put some new spark plugs in mine and drove around a while last night. a couple days ago when i was driving it the CEL started flashing at me, but never threw a readable code. Thinking it might be some sort of misfire (because of the flashing CEL), i did the plugs. Last night, the CEL did the flashy thing again (never ran bad) and then eventually threw the P0551 power steering pressure switch code. I'm not sure if these two issues are related or not. I need to doublecheck my PS fluid and see if its low. I had to delete my power steering cooler to install the DCR rear mount, so it's possible i'm low on fluid.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Quarter-sized rock chip in the windshield mod. Not really a fan to be honest!!
There was like 5 rock trucks in a row so i couldn't really point the finger at which dickhead was the cause of it. I thought i was being patient because my exit was like a mile away so i stayed behind them. From now on ill just drive like every other bmw driver lol

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
my PS fluid was low... i'm thinking the leak i though was the axle seal might actually be from the PS. I need to crawl under there and get a closer look. I added some fluid and driving into work this morning the CEL didnt come on for that.... When i drove the car around the other day, she ran great, no real issues. Decide to drive it into work this morning and right as i'm trying to pull up to the security gate it starts running like shit... felt like it was running out of gas. It was a real struggle to keep it moving. i managed to limp it to my building, sounding like it was running on 2 cylinders.... NOT how i wanted to start off my friday!

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
so i was right when i said it felt like the car was running out of gas. The rear (in tank) fuel pump wasnt pumping, and therefore the surge tank and front pump ran too low. Its a wiring issue i have to figure out. My car has an old (PTP, yeah that old) fuel pump rewire on it... something is going on with it. i swapped to the oem wiring and the pump came on. i was able to start the car just fine and move it. I did that on one of my breaks, about to get off work now. fingers crossed i make it home! haha

21441 - 21460 of 21589 Posts