Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this auction from last year:

No Reserve: Dodge Neon SRT-4 Race Car

Upon reading about the car on the auction block, I was momentarily perplexed because I thought it was one of the two that were stolen back in 2007:

Race Team's Transporter and Cars Stolen

I think I got mixed up because if I remember right, Robb Holland let them borrow one of his cars to keep racing, and that's the car that they auctioned off.

Did anyone ever hear what the end result was, I followed it for a few months but no new info ever came out on it, and I wasn't able to find anything in a quick search tonight either?

·
Administrator
38,890 Posts
HAHAHA, that BaT listing uses a video from my youtube page when Robb was sending me videos to host.

Also isn't it amazing how much "action" cameras have improved? The cheapest chinese knockoff gopro is 10x better than what we were using in cars 13 years ago, or even 8 years ago.

And it's a damn shame World Challenge has gone from that type of racing to rich businessmen buying an off the shelf car for well over 500k and needing 2+ million a year to run in front of no one and get crap for tv coverage?

·
Super Moderator
15,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly don't know if anyone knows what happened to those cars, aside from whoever took them, whether it was insurance fraud or what? I spent several hours this morning scouring the net and found nothing as far as an outcome.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I honestly don't know if anyone knows what happened to those cars, aside from whoever took them, whether it was insurance fraud or what? I spent several hours this morning scouring the net and found nothing as far as an outcome.
That makes sense! LOL they realized they owned neons and had to get out quick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts