1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I will do it for you next year:)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Robino, he's not a scammer.. I know for a fact that a bunch of dogbones got lost in the mail (sad to say dave did not package em properly, just stuffed them in an envolope which is a big NO NO! - envelopes and bulky items don't mix)..

He told me to scan a couple of mail recovery letters (PM me if you want proof)..

The following people should contact him

B. Stevenson of Manhattan, KS
T. Ayala of Brentwood, NY
J. Ray of Owensboro, KY
I. Nicolae of Bridgeport, CT

He probably has a bunch more (but those were the only ones I got)..

The above peeps should contact Boost Babe (check the socal site), so that it can be sorted out..

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
10's will be here for you in a couple of weeks. Was waiting on a new clutch from clutchmasters to arrive( this is not your average clutch) and it is in(as in has arrived but not yet in the car). He will be going to the Summit racing finals in Pomona at the end of this month. Possibly 150mph traps.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
I. Nicolae of Bridgeport, CT
dude,
this right here is my cousin.
i made him order me a set of dogbones after waiting a month for mine to arrive, the whole time dynoworks lying to me that they've been sent.

the guy is a fucking liar. no way someone can't deliver something they claim they have in stock in one month.
fine, i asked for my money back that he held for a month and got it two weeks later.

i complained like mad due to the fact that he fucked me around, but got nowhere.
after a while i got my cousin involved and had him order the dogbones from Dave (basically giving him another chance but him not knowing)
Two months later there were no dogbones. My cousin called twice asking for them, he was told that week he was getting them. Never got them, he called again, they told him somehow they got lost again...bullshit.
Three months later (and i can verify this for all the idiots who call bullshit on this) still no dogbones, i specifically told my cousin, fuck it, wait for them, sooner or later they gotta get around to shipping them...never happened.

I then gave my cousin the go ahead to cancel the order. He canceled it, e-mailed him twice in two weeks asking if the money's been returned, the reply was as soon as he could do it he would. I have to look at his statement when i see him to see if it was ever returned.

I'm not the only one with this experience...there's others, and if you're one of the lucky ones, consider yourselves fortunate.

I don't need his dumb ass dog bones anyway...my friend has them and twice the bolts broke on them at the track, so obviously they should be named Dogshit, not Dogbones.

he's a lying sack of shit, that's all i gotta say about that jerkoff.

·
Banned
10,530 Posts
interesting take for me. i have not been in the loop on any of the srtforums drama.

but this post ^^ plus lack of knowledge makes me really wonder.... ... what DID happen to dynoworks and the dynoworks srt!?!?

the jist i got was that they were banned for selling competitive parts and not being vendors. they then became vendors if im not mistaken. (??) now theyre banned again... i wonder why.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
glad to hear got a bunch of other people shootin for 10's, seems we have tons of people puttin out big numbers but so far only a few people have been able to back em up. And if you have problems with dynoworks start another thread.. didn't start this one askin about peoples problems with them

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mldvenm said:
10's will be here for you in a couple of weeks. Was waiting on a new clutch from clutchmasters to arrive( this is not your average clutch) and it is in(as in has arrived but not yet in the car). He will be going to the Summit racing finals in Pomona at the end of this month. Possibly 150mph traps.
is this the dynoworks car your talking about??? 150mph is a very big claim... gotta be puttin out at least 625-650 to the wheels unless its seriously gutted. I would definanetly love to see it though as 150mph isn't a 10 sec car... its a mid 9 IF it can hook up :wah?!:

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
This is Dave's(Dynoworks car). The clutch is not a Stage 3 or Stage 4 Clutchmasters clutch, it is a full race prototype from what Dave told me. He is still on stock suspension so he will be hard pressed to get gret traction even w/ his 26" tires. He will still cut 1.8's I am sure but probably not hit 9's. He will keep the interior fully intact and as I said he is hoping for 150mph but 145mph is what he expects. Lots of FWD's out here will run low to mid 10's at 145-150. So he will probably run in the 10's for sure.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Biohazrd35 said:
150mph is a very big claim... gotta be puttin out at least 625-650 to the wheels unless its seriously gutted.
Unless the car is 2300lbs there is no way 650whp will pull 150mph. The ex Titan Civic with over 700whp and about 2400lbs trapped 151mph and ran 10.0's. I doubt a caged SRT with enough safety parts to compete will get that light so it's going to need more power to get those traps.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
b16civicmatt said:
Unless the car is 2300lbs there is no way 650whp will pull 150mph. The ex Titan Civic with over 700whp and about 2400lbs trapped 151mph and ran 10.0's. I doubt a caged SRT with enough safety parts to compete will get that light so it's going to need more power to get those traps.
How much torque was that 700whp civic runnin? 200 or something close to that?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
b16civicmatt said:
hence the seriously gutted part.... i don't see it getting nearly that light in street form but i was being conservative with the numbers.

and as far as lots of sfwd cars running between 145-150 out by you, there are probably less than 10 in the whole country that can consistently trap around there

·
Registered
342 Posts
Biohazrd35 said:
hence the seriously gutted part.... i don't see it getting nearly that light in street form but i was being conservative with the numbers.

and as far as lots of sfwd cars running between 145-150 out by you, there are probably less than 10 in the whole country that can consistently trap around there
I only know of four SFWD cars that have trapped 150, Jason Hunt, Brian Ballard, and John Ferguson have done it at a event and a Del Sol from up north ran 154. These cars do not do it every run either. Also the added TQ of the SRT motor would benifet on paper but with a street suspension setup it's going to be harder to put the power to the ground compared with the TQ less Hondas which put the power down at a higher rpm.

I'm not saying it's impossible to have a street SRT trap 150 but it's alot harder than they think especially if they are planning to trap that consistantly.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.