Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got this. I use to carry my .357 magnum but this has become my new favorite, so post yours.

It's a Taurus Model 85 .38 special that shoots .38 specials, +P .38 rounds and +P+ rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would highly recommend any of the following:

CZ 75 Compact 9mm

Kimber Pro Carry or Compact 45 (4 inch barrel)

Kimber Ultra Carry 45 (3 inch barrel)

Sig Sauer P220 45 (4 inch barrel)

Sig Sauer P229 in 357 Sig and 40 S&W

.380's like Walther PPK, PPKS, Sig 230 & 232 as well as Beretta 85 are smaller and more easily concealed, however, I have never found a .380 as reliable as the above referenced weapons.

I would never trust my life to a gun that cannot go at least 200 rounds without a jam or failure to feed.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have yet to get a good cc I have been looking at the Taurus pt140 pro
Thats what I have, nice gun but a brick when loaded with 10 rounds, think they made a 6 round version, propably should of went that route.

Looking at Glock 36 or Springfield XDs

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would highly recommend any of the following:

CZ 75 Compact 9mm

Kimber Pro Carry or Compact 45 (4 inch barrel)

Kimber Ultra Carry 45 (3 inch barrel)

Sig Sauer P220 45 (4 inch barrel)

Sig Sauer P229 in 357 Sig and 40 S&W

.380's like Walther PPK, PPKS, Sig 230 & 232 as well as Beretta 85 are smaller and more easily concealed, however, I have never found a .380 as reliable as the above referenced weapons.

I would never trust my life to a gun that cannot go at least 200 rounds without a jam or failure to feed.
Nice list. I also carry my Walther PPK .40. Nice and compact and easy to disassemble and clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice list. I also carry my Walther PPK .40. Nice and compact and easy to disassemble and clean.
A lot of cops love the venerable Walther PPK and PPKS in .380 as their backup gun. Very well made and will last for generations.

This gun requires excellent shooting technique with a good solid grip for virtual 100% reliability.

Those of us with a limp wrist technique may require +P loads for complete reliability. In the old days I had to load my own. Today .380 +P can be purchased from Buffalo Bore and others, but be prepared to pay a premium price.

How reliable has your Walther been in .40 S&W?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have yet to get a good cc I have been looking at the Taurus pt140 pro
I use this gun and love it. I actually have the PT111 though. (9mm versus 40 caliber) I wouldn't call it a brick....but it is slightly bigger than some of the other conceal carry weapons on here. I like that mine holds 12 rounds though.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Glock 19

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
My carry permit expired a few months ago, and I have been in 3 different addresses in the past 6 months. I have been waiting until I finally settled down to get a new license so I can renew my permit. Hopefully that can happen soon.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Forgot to add my gun. It's a 4" xd40.
Awesome gun. I teach numerous NRA classes, including Basic Pistol for the Concealed Carry certification. Get that renewed; you'll never know when you'll have to use it. I had to pull mine once in my life, and if I hadn't, the repercussions for my fiance would have been disastrous. Advanced pistol, home defense, defense outside the home and shotgun defense are my favorites.

BTW, I'm a revolver guy - I've always loved them. I like my semi-autos, too, but there's something about chambering and closing a revolver that I love. Plus, there's so easy to clean and never fail...well, the ones I've have (Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Taurus, etc.).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have two that I rotate. Taurus PT145 MIL Pro during the winter (easier to conceal its bulk!) and a Star PD45 during the rest. Or, at least I DID until the Army moved me to Illinois...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts