Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have mentioned extended warrenties before and how much we got them for, but we never discussed what extended warrenties we opted to get.


I had a problem initially with the dealer lying about the powertrain warrenty so after discussing the issue for a while we deicded on 1,995 for the 7 year 100,000 mile Maximum Care package.

What extended warrenty did you guys pick up and how much it was ? Also do you guys feel we will need it alot? Just wondering guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I didn't get any of the warranty upgrades. Usually they are not worth it IMO. Others will disagree.

I will be modding the hell out of the car anyways the first chance I get :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
srt4-tn said:
I didn't get any of the warranty upgrades. Usually they are not worth it IMO. Others will disagree.

I will be modding the hell out of the car anyways the first chance I get :D

I thought about that too. I tried to weight it all out and in the end I decided: If it was any other vehicle I wouldn't have gotten the warrenty, but this is a first year car that has alot of power (power=problems :lol: sometimes) and with my financial situation so shakey all the time I really needed some peace of mind. At least I *know* this car will last to 100k miles which is almost good enough for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
I just got the service contract dealy. I'm still trying to figure out why really, then it hits me, oh yeah I have to drive this every day :wink:

Honestly when I get my project car I might just cash it in and take the loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vanilla_Coke said:
I just got the service contract dealy. I'm still trying to figure out why really, then it hits me, oh yeah I have to drive this every day :wink:

Honestly when I get my project car I might just cash it in and take the loss.

I must be totally out of it. . whats the service contract dealy? :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
IPaidForThisName said:
Vanilla_Coke said:
I just got the service contract dealy. I'm still trying to figure out why really, then it hits me, oh yeah I have to drive this every day :wink:

Honestly when I get my project car I might just cash it in and take the loss.

I must be totally out of it. . whats the service contract dealy? :?
It's not an extended warranty, it pays for your first 5 years of maintenance, comes with Automate paint protection, and the roadside service crap blah blah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,731 Posts
I opted out of the extended warranty. My theory was that if it didn't break in the first 36,000 miles, it probably won't. Just my thinking though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
I kinda disagree... It seems now a days, things go wrong at about 4-5 years, and it gets exspensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vanilla_Coke said:
... I'm still trying to figure out why really, then it hits me, oh yeah I have to drive this every day :wink:...

Yeah, the fact that this *is* an everyday driver for me and not some hotrod makes a big difference. I am still trying to figure out how the Mopar mods will affect the warrenty though . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vanilla_Coke said:
It's not an extended warranty, it pays for your first 5 years of maintenance, comes with Automate paint protection, and the roadside service crap blah blah.

Whoa so 5 year unlimited milage warrenty. . and it covers EVERYTHING? Does that include regular maintenance like oil changes and tune ups? that sounds pretty awesome. . . how much does it cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vanilla_Coke said:
I kinda disagree... It seems now a days, things go wrong at about 4-5 years, and it gets exspensive.

Yeah and first year cars are usually pretty iffy (Look at the first year the Dodge Ram was redesigned '95 or 96 I think it was). Also with the sheer cost of this car to fix if something went wrong . . its not like fixing a basic RWD, Normally aspirated, family sedan. . .I just got the stresses at the last minutes :oops: and decided some kind of warrenty was needed.


Anyone know how Mopar mods will affect the warrenty. . like if I got the Stage I or II upgrade with the Mopar BOV, and TT, and suspension stuff and something went wrong with like the Turbo or the engine and even if the mopar parts are at fault what would the service implications be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
It covers all wear parts, including brake pads, cv boots, gaskets etc. However oddly enough I still have to pay the deductables.

It also has added coverages, not just the "Interally lubricated parts" crap etc etc.

I paid $2k

Almost forgot
Does that include regular maintenance like oil changes and tune ups? that sounds pretty awesome. . . how much does it cost?
Yes it does cover oil changes, and tuneups. Just about everything is covered for the first 5 years, after that, its the 7/100 normal warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
IPaidForThisName said:
Vanilla_Coke said:
I kinda disagree... It seems now a days, things go wrong at about 4-5 years, and it gets exspensive.

Yeah and first year cars are usually pretty iffy (Look at the first year the Dodge Ram was redesigned '95 or 96 I think it was). Also with the sheer cost of this car to fix if something went wrong . . its not like fixing a basic RWD, Normally aspirated, family sedan. . .I just got the stresses at the last minutes :oops: and decided some kind of warrenty was needed.


Anyone know how Mopar mods will affect the warrenty. . like if I got the Stage I or II upgrade with the Mopar BOV, and TT, and suspension stuff and something went wrong with like the Turbo or the engine and even if the mopar parts are at fault what would the service implications be?
The PVO upgrades are covered under the warranty 7/100 for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vanilla_Coke said:
Yes it does cover oil changes, and tuneups. Just about everything is covered for the first 5 years, after that, its the 7/100 normal warranty.


WHOA. I thought the basic powertrain was 7/70? And wow it covers oil changes! That is amazing . . I need an oil change and the dealer wants 68 bucks errr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Yes the standard warranty is 7/100.

It gets better, the 36k service is $500-600 :cry: 0 for me though :wink:

I just have to ninja my mods, so they can be removed easily without messing with the stock parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vanilla_Coke said:
Yes the standard warranty is 7/100.

It gets better, the 36k service is $500-600 :cry: 0 for me though :wink:

I just have to ninja my mods, so they can be removed easily without messing with the stock parts.
This cant be happening . . . I got a 3,195 warrenty (I didnt pay that much but thats the DC MSRP) I have to get some sort of aid or help with those insane maintenance costs. . right? It says in the pamphlet "this plan provides you with cupons covering most of your vehicles recommended maintenance services outlined in the owners manual" WHEN Do I get those cupons!?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Oh ok, sounds like you do have something similiar to what I have then. Perhaps my dealer included extras. As for the coupons, they should have been given to you or have been mailed. For some reason I got my manual in the mail. They couldn't find it :roll:

Did they include paint sealent protection aswell? Automate is what I have on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Paint Sealent protetection?.. that seems a little iffy.. did you actually see them put something on the paint?,, what is it?,, like a plastic based coat of something?.... because, technically, a Paint sealant protection could be a coat of wax?. ya know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,750 Posts
Yes I know what it is, it is a WAX. It seals the paint for 6 months. I have had it done to my Frontier, and I tell you it helps.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top