Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I was wonder how much of a difference the Intercooler Sprayer System could make to a stock car. I'm in cali. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I know somone with a 03 Cobra that sprays a 50 shot into his IC and he gained 70RWHP. Tested and proved on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yeah, you wont really notice a difference. i tryied every which way to make it work better, but it just wont do much. if it seems to make a diffence, then its only because you want it to, it in your mind

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Are you serious Rollon????????? Hey Htoudiee, try some de-natured alcohol in your I/C spray. Its 99% percent pure alcohol. You will definitely notice a difference. You will gain a 10th to a 1/2 sec at the track. If you drive right.

C.j.m

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was wonder how much of a difference the Intercooler Sprayer System could make to a stock car
Are you talking about a nitrous sprayer or a water/alcohol sprayer?

Be aware that at any racing event, drag racing/auto-x/road racing you cannot use a water/alcohol sprayer setup. You can only use it on the street.If they find out your using one, your in trouble.

Id stay far far away from a CO2 sprayer setup though.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i understand why the C02 setup is not one of the best ideas... but if you are using the stock air box and NOT a CAI is it still possiable for the intake to suck in the co2?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll probably go for the NO2 sprayer system. Anybody have any idea how much they cost (I mean, I can get a price but is the system all I need or am I gonna need some clamps or stuff on top of that?)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Got Boost??? said:
Be aware that at any racing event, drag racing/auto-x/road racing you cannot use a water/alcohol sprayer setup. You can only use it on the street.If they find out your using one, your in trouble.
But EVO's and STI's have em stock don't they? And they aren't banned from any of those. I thought it sprays a fine mist that evaporates on contact with the intercooler anyway.

Anyone else know the track rules? Just want to see whats up with it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I know SCCA bans both cars from using them in there events. I does spray a fine mist but if the intercoolers not hot enough then the water won't evaporate and will leave a small amount of water on the track.

And i know on all drag strips they ban you from using anything that will remain on the track. Thats why some cars have to be equipped with catch cans etc etc.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
unless you have stage 2 or a boost controler spraying the i/c won't do anything on an srt-4 but waste n20 at $4 a pound, the pcm will just pull boost because you can make the same power with less boost with colder air, the tourqe management program adjust boost acording to t/b inlet air temps, only way it will work is to have s2 or a ebc/mbc to take the pcm out of the loop. iv'e tried it, might as well just use a wet kit and use the n2o's power where it does the most good, in the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts