Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you lucky bastards that picked up your cars all ready. i want to know what everyone paid. with and without tax plus opitions and finance rates if they were used. PS did anyone in the chicago area pick one up yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish sales tax was that low around here... try 15%... It's incredible how cars become much less affordable with the taxes here...

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
drizze99 said:
Yea, I'm lucky. Delaware's tax on car purchases is 2.75%!!
I thought there were no taxes in Delaware

·
Registered
726 Posts
I had that same thought. I'm buying in FL and returning to PA with it. I emailed the commonwealth (I guess we're too good to call ourselves a state here - LOL) and they said if the sales tax is LESS than PA, then I owe PA the difference. If the sales tax is MORE than PA, then it just sucks to be me and I eat it. If I'm not mistaken, the sales tax is the same for both (6%), so it's a wash.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
you have to pay your states tax. i bought my bike and my car in pennsylvania, and had to pay the MD tax when i got it registered in md.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I'm going through this right now. It seems that some states are reciprocal, some are not. What that means is that if you are reciprocal, a FL dealer can handle all the paperwork right there, including the sales tax where you live. Of course, MD is not :( So what would happen is that I would pay the 6% FL tax. And since MD is 5%, i would pay no SALES tax. But I am on the hook for a $100 Title tax. I would pay for a FL temp tag. And pay for the rest of my registration and Title fee when I get home. But the dealer I am working with, unbeknownst to me, is trying to work it out with the MD MVA (DMV) so I don't have to deal with that stuff. So far the total is 21737.
I already have my ticket to fly down :) And my ticke t to fly back home SRT AIR :twisted:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts