Dodge SRT Forum banner

1421 - 1438 of 1438 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
in the last week i put on poly front lca bushings, endlinks front+rear, sway bar bushings, shifter bushings, trailing arm bushings and front pass. ball joint
Not to get off subject, but I was thinking about this lately... Our cars are getting relitively older and will always be driven relitvely hard.

These cars are so fun and I don't plan on getting rid of it but they are expensive, not only for all the go fast parts we desire, but also for the parts that are wearing down and need replaced that normally we wouldnt think about if our cars were new. Now granted, upgrading every single part to perform better is one route but wanting an N2MB box and NEEDING wheel bearings, new bushings and gear synchros is a whole new money game we play owning these 8-9 year old cars.

I'm a victim too. Things go bad but then you can't just replace it with oem, you usually got to upgrade it while your there. Maybe one day all our cars will have every single component upgraded if they are not all crashed in ten years. Just my thoughts for the day.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,422
Not to get off subject, but I was thinking about this lately... Our cars are getting relitively older and will always be driven relitvely hard.

These cars are so fun and I don't plan on getting rid of it but they are expensive, not only for all the go fast parts we desire, but also for the parts that are wearing down and need replaced that normally we wouldnt think about if our cars were new. Now granted, upgrading every single part to perform better is one route but wanting an N2MB box and NEEDING wheel bearings, new bushings and gear synchros is a whole new money game we play owning these 8-9 year old cars.

I'm a victim too. Things go bad but then you can't just replace it with oem, you usually got to upgrade it while your there. Maybe one day all our cars will have every single component upgraded if they are not all crashed in ten years. Just my thoughts for the day.
True but many of us don't add miles to our cars very fast. granted the miles we add are as hard as they come... Take for instance my car, 55k on the ticker and all my front bushings are in good shape. If I replace them, it will be to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Just drove her. Have 300 miles on new e2 motor and whole setup. havent drove since jan of last year. I agree bout parts. I have repaced or upgraded just bout everything on car. Bought it with 3 miles and have over 128k miles. I absolutely love driving with this setup. so smooth and no turbolag

·
Registered
849 Posts
Picked up my Cold Air Intake the other day...finally got one..

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
was gonna drive the car but fuck that... i'm taking the motorcycle out for a spin it's soooooo niiiiice.

·
SRTforums Nazi Admin
16,228 Posts
Put on a jlt cold air intake and bama tuner.

2011 mustang gt 5.0 ;)

1421 - 1438 of 1438 Posts