Dodge SRT Forum banner

What Colour for Project Blue's Engine Block?

• Red

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Black

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Charcoal

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Orange

Votes: 74 50.7%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what colour do you all think we should paint the engine block of Project Blue? Keeping in mind it has to look good but at the same time show fluid leaks pretty easily.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
I voted blue, but I'm thinking choose three shades of different blues which accent each other for all the coloring of the engine parts... or interior... it would really emphasis "project blue."

But that's just my opinion. =)

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Stratman said:
Hemi Orange! Of Course. Just like the old 426 motors!
Agreed. Paint it Hemi Orange and then powdercoat the valve cover flat black and leave the raised numbers/letters bare metal or polish it. That's what I'd do to mine if I were painting the block and I think it'd look cool too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Orange for sure.
Please don't paint the interior and do the engine bay the same color as the car. Oh man I can't stand that crap. The most I can see is if you have a custom color on the paint then paint the valve cover but that's it. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Street HEMI Orange!!!, not race HEMI Orange. Mopar Part # P4349216
$7.00 factory list for 16oz. can

Just for your guys some nostolgic info, here is the applications of the colors

Race HEMI orange
64-65 HEMI
62-64 max wedge

Street HEMI orange
66-71 HEMI
70-71 HO 383, HO 440, HO 340

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spcforker said:
Marlon, I have always liked Red as block color as it seems to show the fluid leaks well.
Thanks Tim and everyone that voted. :thumbsup: I will keep all your votes in mind. BTW, Tim the site is open if you have not checked lately.:)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
go with silver or red, I think those'll look great plus be able to detect any fluid leaks. but thats just what I'd do :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.