Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is lots of information on better handling available on the forums. All you have to do is search.

Some questions to consider: How much do you want to spend? What about the handling do you not like? Do you want to preserve the ride quality? Do you want to lower the car, or do you want to maintain suspansion travel?

My biggest beef with the SRT-4 when I bought it was too much body lean in corners. If this is the case for you, I would recommend sway bars. For cheap, you can get the PT cruiser convertible front bar and the rear bar from an ACR. About $130. For more cash, you can get the Hotchkis bars for about $300.

To really get good handling, I would recommend stiffer springs such as some of the available lowering springs or those that come with the coilover kits. If you get lowering springs, look out for your struts. A lot of people have had problems blowing out struts with lowering springs. Then, you have to get new struts, at that point the coilovers are about the same price. But, that is about $1000 to $1500.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.