Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ya man I want that BOV sooo bad too!!!....Im gonna look into it but if anyone knows please let us know.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
It is the same BOV that Hector (Exhaust Depot) installed in his SRT. It is the HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (SSQV). You need the universal one that sells for $200.00. You will also need the correct flange kit for the BOV and pipe. Hector is putting a complete package together for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Grunge said:
Bean, I just noticed the avatar. Is that suppose to be Britney? :p
haha no dude shes is actually the winner of the nopi national chick contest she is dope!!! 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
drizze99 said:
It is the same BOV that Hector (Exhaust Depot) installed in his SRT. It is the HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (SSQV). You need the universal one that sells for $200.00. You will also need the correct flange kit for the BOV and pipe. Hector is putting a complete package together for it.
I dont think so. I have heard hectors and it does not sound the same. The one is FaF sounds diff. More unique and distorted. It gives it a unique sound which is phat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
SRTdriven said:
that sound you hear is called special effects bro! sound editing
Ummm I dont think so BRO!!!.....simmer down..lol Im sure there is a bov that makes that sound or only on certain cars with certain mods.
....and yes i know most of the sounds in that movie are fake and not the car.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The sound you heard was from the same bov i have on my car. The HKS SSBOV. BUT the pulsating sound was caused by a compressor surge. The car they have on the FF has a large single turbo setup. YOu have to adjust your BOV so it has a tight spring setting when your running higher boost to prevent boost leak. So the BOV does not open up at low pressure so you hear the turbo surge. Its not to bad on the turbo being that its low boost. On my car, the bov spring is set low that way it opens up at low boost.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
The sound you heard was from the same bov i have on my car. The HKS SSBOV. BUT the pulsating sound was caused by a compressor surge. The car they have on the FF has a large single turbo setup. YOu have to adjust your BOV so it has a tight spring setting when your running higher boost to prevent boost leak. So the BOV does not open up at low pressure so you hear the turbo surge. Its not to bad on the turbo being that its low boost. On my car, the bov spring is set low that way it opens up at low boost.
Thats phat...I heard it. I like the sound it makes too its pretty nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
boostedneonsrt4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing