Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
get the mopar bov
you will have too many headaches getting a aftermarket pipe and bov to fit correctly and putting on a block off plate

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
not necessarily true- I put mine on with out any real problems in a couple hours- I used the ED pipe kit with the greddy type S. I want one that isn't too loud- a little bit of a sleeper. If you want something loud go with something other than greddy!
I got mine off ebay and was brand new for much cheaper than the new ones sell any where else.

·
Registered
530 Posts
well,my opinion is coming from experience,i had the atp pipe with the rfl for a few months then the hks,its great once its all working right but its not for everyone

·
Registered
677 Posts
To me the 1G DSM bov is simple (and cheap get a used one for around 25 bucks). Sounds just like the type s. I got everything i needed for around 60 bucks. Sounds very nice. Holds good boost as well. I think something around 22 uncrushed.

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
kinda off topic, i gess, but i just ordered the Turbonetics with the Raptor BOV, What do yall think about this kit...got a good deal on it. Should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You could go with the forge bov, it mounts in the stock location so you don't need a new up-pipe. That's what I'm gonna get when my broke-ass gets paid.

·
Banned
460 Posts
lol meatwad!!! aquateen hunger force!!! sorry solar04 i love that show...anyways...I'd say go with the Exhaust Depot hardpipe kit and HKS BOV. Hector has pout up a sticky in his Supporting Vendors Area on how to install the hardpipe kit step at a time...as far as installingthe BOV if you need any help PM me its a breeze...

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah my vote goes for 1g DSM BOV (kind of bias though). right now i have the AGP block off plate and BOV flange to attach to the lower intercooler pipe, along with the BOV and hoses and everything for no more than $120 installed. sounds great and pretty damn loud too (running next to a GSX with an a'pexi BOV it sounded pretty similar). i'm planning on getting hot and cold hardpipes with a 1g DSM flange when i get the money.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
has anyone heard the Forge BOV
FMDVNEON01
Dodge Neon SRT-4 Blow Off Valve

I am very interested in this, as i have a leak from the mopar BOV/surge valve area. Just wondering!!!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
So the Mopar BOV Kit LEAKS?!!! I thought only the stock seemed to leak at high boost. I'm stock 04 and boosting 17-18 spike and 13 redline.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
If money is an issue, head over to the Buy/Sell board and pick up a used Mopar BOV. I got mine for 50 bucks shipped and it sounds pretty sweet. If you're going to upgrade the turbo later in life, then the Mopar wont help you, and you'll need to go to the aftermarket. In that case, the HKS gets my vote. Sounds awesome.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
htoudiee said:
So the Mopar BOV Kit LEAKS?!!! I thought only the stock seemed to leak at high boost. I'm stock 04 and boosting 17-18 spike and 13 redline.
Damn dude, 17-18 stock? You sure about that?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rob02RT04SRT said:

It's safe, I'm also stock 04(agp wga in the mail) and run about 18psi peak to 13psi at redline and at the dyno a/f ratio maxed out the wideband on the rich end. they won't read any lower than 10to1 and the a/f plot was a flatline at 10. The only other thing I have done is the ed tip mod to prevent check engine light for over boost codes :ninja:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah Rob. When we came to see each other's car, I told you it's acting kinda wired. I hit 17 and then Redline at 13 in almost 3rd, 4th and 5th. Remember? and the wired thing is that it DOESN'T do it ALL THE TIME. When ever it feels like it. Sometimes, it's healthy and hits 14.5-15 and redline to 12-13 but sometime, I see 17 psi spike and then 13 redline. I haven't changed the oil yet but I don't think it has anything to do with that. I also, HAVE NOT checked any clamp or hose for leaking that our cars seem to have outta the factory.

Rob02RT04SRT said:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
htoudiee said:
Yeah Rob. When we came to see each other's car, I told you it's acting kinda wired. I hit 17 and then Redline at 13 in almost 3rd, 4th and 5th. Remember? and the wired thing is that it DOESN'T do it ALL THE TIME. When ever it feels like it. Sometimes, it's healthy and hits 14.5-15 and redline to 12-13 but sometime, I see 17 psi spike and then 13 redline. I haven't changed the oil yet but I don't think it has anything to do with that. I also, HAVE NOT checked any clamp or hose for leaking that our cars seem to have outta the factory.
Damn dude, your more paranoid then I am, I seriously doubt your IC Clamps are loose especially if your seeing 17 psi. Your shits fine dude. Oh, and update your death list :eveilgrin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts