Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabin Air Filters - What are they?
Cabin air filters are often overlooked in regular vehicle maintenance, but are just as important to the passengers as the engine air filter is to the vehicle as they prevent pollutants, dirt and allergens from entering the passenger compartment.

Why replace them?
Pollutant build-up on the filter can decrease air flow and introduce allergens into the cabin air stream..

How often?
Replacing the cabin filter at its recommended interval of 12 months, or 12-15k miles, will ensure your passengers are breathing the cleanest, freshest cabin air possible.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder why the engineers at Chrysler didn't make our neons with a cabin air filter :p
now that I remember it's on my to do list for this weekend!
Crazy that any vehicle wouldn't have one, right?! Some manufacturers actually release vehicles with an installation slot for a cabin air filter, even though they don't actually fill it with a part. :wah?!:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Crazy that any vehicle wouldn't have one, right?! Some manufacturers actually release vehicles with an installation slot for a cabin air filter, even though they don't actually fill it with a part. :wah?!:
Are you saying that there's a slot for the SRT-4?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you saying that there's a slot for the SRT-4?

Our srt4's unfortunately don't have the slot he is referring to. There IS a way of mocking up a cabin air filter though as described in one of the how-to's on this site. It's a pretty simple mod anyone can do. I remember that my old 3G eclipse used to have the slot he is referring to. From the factory, the 3G eclipse didn't come with a cabin air filter but Mitsubishi did offer a "cabin air filter kit" you could buy and install yourself, for a ridiculous amount of money of course!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts