Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys...Brian, you might be interested...

For a little north of 2 grand and a big turbo you can trap 130mph on an SRT. They're saying this is "untuned". Whether I believe that or not still remains to be seen.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3364480#post3364480

Personally for my SRT, I'd have to finish the "base" engine modifications before I even considered a standalone system.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
sqcomp said:
Okay guys...Brian, you might be interested...

For a little north of 2 grand and a big turbo you can trap 130mph on an SRT. They're saying this is "untuned". Whether I believe that or not still remains to be seen.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3364480#post3364480

Personally for my SRT, I'd have to finish the "base" engine modifications before I even considered a standalone system.

Thoughts?
unfortunately bro....i'll have to burst your bubble...

this car doesnt have an AEM EMS...its a Haltech EMS car

Blacksrt4u's personal car has an AEM EMS but that car is down due to a bad fuel pump and drivetrain mishap....:readclose

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damn! I read that the EMS was on that. Regardless, a standalone can do wonders at certain levels, yes?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Once you begin modifying a car from its stock design there should be points at which an EMS can begin to show improvements over the stock computer. If you reach a point where you are changing turbos, cams, etc an EMS will really begin to shine.

Brian

·
Registered
575 Posts
supasrt4 said:
but can u get u'r car inspected with aem ems. is it street legal.
the answer is no. You cant have anything modified unless its got a carb # like on the aem intake. Im also in cali though where we have the strictes smog in the us. But i still say no.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
a75 is right, it wont pass. but if you get that far into modding your car, you are aware that you have to go back to stock for smog anyways. you have to pay to play

·
Registered
232 Posts
well the only inspection test here is lke a M.I.L. test.. they don't check smog or any of that crap like in cali,,, basicly my ? meant if they hook into the obd2 port will it still read the stock cpu... or is the stock computer removed all together.

·
Registered
186 Posts
from AEM........the obdII port is used to program the ems and is no longer used for a diagnostic port. to use it to check pcm codes or emissions test, the ems has to be unplugged and the stock only plugged in....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts