Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my stock boost gauge took another crap! I am on my second one and do not want the dealer nor a stock gauge to put back in.
What do you guys recomend? I am leaning towards a 30psi because down the road I am going to get stg3. Is this gauge crap? http://modernperformance.com/all/autometer_boostgauge30-30a.jpg
thanks

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
dont buy anything mechanical. i went thru a couple stockers, then a new autometer from an outside source, and then a new stewart warner from another outside source...every single one of them has had something wrong with them. mechanical gauges are good to some point, but shipping them causes alot of damage. they arent meant to be jostled around like that, it throws the calibration off pretty bad. IMO, ditch mechanical and get electrical. thats wha my next gauge is gonna be.

the Zietronix ZT-2 is an all in one comprehensive digital setup that can display EGT, MAP (it comes with its OWN 3 bar sensor, so no worries if you run a MAP clamp to fool your PCM, this will work fine) and of course a wideband O2. it also datalogs and all sorts of other goodies. you can get the fully decked out model with ALL the options for like $580 from Rob at Needswings. i know that sounds like ALOT of money compared to a $50 Mechanical gauge, but you will never have to buy another boost gauge ever again as long as you live, and you also get the other goodies too....the wideband alone is like $280 i think, and then you can add the boost and EGT as options later...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I just ordered the AutoMeter 30 psi one and have had 3-4 friends who have them and had no problems, plus my stocker has been workin for 1.5 years w/ absolutely not 1 problem so the Autometer is first on my list, screw spending 600 dollars lol i dont have that kind of money

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Grifter said:
I went through one of those and one Cobalt as well, both mech. This was mostly do to shipping though. I currently have a Mech Cobalt and it's holding up fine as of right now. *knock on wood*
i also have the cobalt 30psi gauge.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
i got the CF Autometer 30/30 and no problems yet...the stock gauge just fell out of calibration after awhile, strange.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
get the autometer 30psi electronic gauge. i just put mine in and i can't say enough good things about it. it has a peak & warning feature. basically, the peak feature will allow you to play back your peak boost(psi) and the warning will "warn" you by lighting up an LED in the gauge when you hit a certain psi which you can set/change very easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts