Dodge SRT Forum banner

What about the engine?

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  jmihalchik 
i tried sanding the valve cover to get rid of the water spots or oxidation it worked well, but it didn't last, polished it up nice and pretty, but you would need some sort of clear coat to keep that look for long, and then you would have to worry about getting stuff all over it and ruining it, i am just going to get a powder coated valve cover, and maybe get my intake done to?

i feel your pain noTe, i park on a construction site everyday, you want to talk about a dusty dirty car, geez, it horible. I have litterally watched my car get a thick coating of dust, concrete dust, and brick dust, and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Thank God for good wax. My engine is always dusty, no matter if i do use a dressing on it or not. The good thing about most of the stuff is you can just wipe off the dust and it will look shiny again without re-appling the dressing.

yeah, it sucks, but i have never had a problem with anything messing up the paint, what is really bad is when the parking area is dirt and its been raining for 3 days. At least i get to pratice my rally racing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.