·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AGP?
Forge?
Kinetics?
S2?

I have the AGP WGA, but never installed it. Debating about putting it on the car bc of the PTB issues I ve been hearing about.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
AGP

No matter which one you use you will have PTB, it is the nature of the tiny stock turbo. It is really not a big deal if you learn to not have a heavy foot lol which is harder for some than others.

Mike

·
Registered
927 Posts
S2

I bought a used S2 because I heard you get a bit less PTB.

I am going to be running stock lines so it should just hold a bit better til redline without much for PTB.

I will be installing it in the next month or 2. Wish I could tell you how it works but won't know for a bit!

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the little PTB how to w/ the agp wga in the how to forum. Im gonna try that.. if it doesnt do any improvement, Im gonna have to figure something out. As much as I love the power and all - I want drivability as it s my daily driver!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just bought a kinetic WGA. I switched to that from an old style AGP. I actually like it better. Just seems to be more solid, and i don't have to have it set up so tight.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
What WGA??? I only have two Turbosmart wg solenoids. :thumbsup:

Really, you can either run a dual stage manual or electronic boost control, or do one of those ptb mod someone did on these forums? Lower your plug gaps and change your driving style.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
dont buy any aftermarket wga's. i had the agp wga billet style for the last year and sold it for almost as much as i bought it for. i then got the upgraded spring for the stocker and did the dual stage automatic boost controller with the needswings in cabin mbc and it is great. drives just like stock with no ptb issues at all. stock boost in first gear so you get great traction and then in 2nd and up you can just smash it to the floor and hit whatever you have your mbc set at. and with the needswings its nice being able to do that from in the car while you drive down the road. just my .02.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do yall think the AGP WGA is the best one to get or other????

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I just installed the Kinetic WGA. I am impressed, but first time I took it out I didn't realize how high I hat it set to. I slammed on the gas and the needle went way past 20, on it's way around to vacuum. I was like WHOA! Let's not do that again. It is too late now for me to change and test it, so I will just wait until morning, and I will be at it again. I have heard great things abought this WGA, but I will let you know as soon as I get everything set up how I want it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
AGP here, had no problems with it. Took out all the vacuum lines except the White TIP sensor and this got rid of most of my PTB issues.

·
Forum Moderator
3,188 Posts
kaminarineon said:
Stage 3 WGA :rofl:
x2 but I just purchased the AGP S3 WG I am hoping it will hold boost better then the S3 WG

·
Registered
956 Posts
Kinetics

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
OMFG Rich, when I tell you something you need to listen homo!

AGP all the way, and stop being a pussy about the PTB. I don't have an issue w/ it at all. If you drive normal you won't have an issue w/ it, if you're gonna punch it might as well floor it. It's all in the way you set your wastegate. If you set it so it's overboosting and you're trying to keep it at the safe boost levels w/ your throttle then PTB will be an issue for ya. But if you set it so when you punch it and it boosts to say 18PSI then PTB won't be an issue.

Good luck w/ the project ;)

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RTst said:
OMFG Rich, when I tell you something you need to listen homo!

AGP all the way, and stop being a pussy about the PTB. I don't have an issue w/ it at all. If you drive normal you won't have an issue w/ it, if you're gonna punch it might as well floor it. It's all in the way you set your wastegate. If you set it so it's overboosting and you're trying to keep it at the safe boost levels w/ your throttle then PTB will be an issue for ya. But if you set it so when you punch it and it boosts to say 18PSI then PTB won't be an issue.

Good luck w/ the project ;)
hey neven

as I told ya on neoncanada :ninja: Im just doing my fucking research before I go w/ any other routes!

but looks like Im going w/ the AGP route since I already bought it. Hahaha

btw, what project? :rockon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts